Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! - FTV Trouble!

• 26-04-2003 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭

I think I am in trouble. I committed the card swappers sin of leaving the phoneline in for 5 mins while I was using my FTV card last night. Today I needed to use it again (with phoneline out). It worked fine but then trouble started when I tried to put my sub card back in- It came up with "For Your Information- 02 There is a problem with your viewing card Please call the broadcaster". Anyway I tried rebooting with sub card in and no good- It was only when I plugged the phone line back in that my sub card worked again- Have I been caught- and what happens to me now? It's ironic that I only arranged to get a new FTV Card this morning!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Don't think it is anything to do with FTV card etc.

With newer subs / new cards or Mirror Sub you must have phone line connected periodically, esp at start.

Eventually it wont care about phone line as there is no requirement after first year. (There is a permenant requirement for both boxes on a mirror sub).

If the FTV card still works on repower box with it in then it is OK, but even in a few hours of non use it can miss a "key" and then a SW update (hold backup on box while powering on) plus waiting up to 2 days may be needed to restore C4 or BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Michael Walsh
    I think I am in trouble. I committed the card swappers sin of leaving the phoneline in for 5 mins while I was using my FTV card last night. Today I needed to use it again (with phoneline out). It worked fine but then trouble started when I tried to put my sub card back in- It came up with "For Your Information- 02 There is a problem with your viewing card Please call the broadcaster". Anyway I tried rebooting with sub card in and no good- It was only when I plugged the phone line back in that my sub card worked again- Have I been caught- and what happens to me now? It's ironic that I only arranged to get a new FTV Card this morning!

I dont know what you'r talking about, I swap my FTV and sub card all the time with the line connected, I am doing this about 3-4 times a week

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

Phew, thanks lads. Was a bit nervous there for a while! :)

Advertisement