Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neocrons latest updates

Options
  • 26-04-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Finally got around to patching it up and playing again. Here is what's new and intresting in Neocron.

- Epic quests.

I haven't been on any yet as the requirements are bit high but I've seen some of the stuff and they look pretty cool (shame I can't use them), like copbot armor and a special car that can't be destroyed or lost. The clan I'm in though is getting paid by another to aquire an epic item for someone (the benifits of being a merc clan).

- Spy changes.

The spy being everyones b!tch in PvP now got a new weapon called a "Stealth Activator". When actived the person cannot use any other item but becomes almost invisible. It's like a wisp of smoke and hard to see. Very easy to sneak and out of bases now.

- PSI changes.

All the moaning about the PSI freeze spell being unfair. They have added anti-freeze spell as well anti-freeze drugs. So people can counteract the effects of freeze.

Aggressive monks now have spells that strip away passive monk protections. Posion has become very usable as a PvP weapon and because of this there is a antidote spell and drugs you can buy to counteract it. Likewise with damage boost spell, there are counteracts for that (those are all Passive monk spells).

Soulclusters appear to be a lot more intelligent and monsters seem to go hostile to them instantly. Great for drawing monsters away from someone who's fallen in the thick of it.

- New monsters/graphics.

The newbie area is open as far as I know. There are new monsters although I haven't seen them yet. The entrances to Dome of York are on the map but not open and patrolled by some kind of uber death bots (worse then Y-Replicants which they added a few patches back).

They also souped up some of the graphics in icons and weapons. And new items added like "Radioactive Rat Tofu" (which I haven't figured out what it does yet as it is so expensive).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Hobbes
    And new items added like "Radioactive Rat Tofu" (which I haven't figured out what it does yet as it is so expensive).

Give you gas? Any idea when you'll be able to download neocron off their site and just buy a cd key? I'm having difficulty finding a copy in Boston. Don't want to order online because they just packages outside our door and any auld knacker can take it.

Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its been long overdue but acroding to this the download option will be avilable from the 2nd of may

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=302&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I had that problem in Boston as well. You can get it delivered and held at your local postal office. Barring that I just used to get the stuff delivered to work.

They activated the venture warps. They now teleport you randomly into the wilderness (rather sadistacally I might add).

I got teleported to the outside of the Newbie area. I managed to find a break in the fence to try and sneak in. They have the place patrolled by "MC5 Scout Bots" that are absolutly evil. It might be possible to get to newbie town but I reckon it would need an army to get there.

Taxi'ed a guy from one city to another (TG to NC). On the way there some of the zones according to the story line have been taken over by "Y-Replicants". I went through one zone the whole place was like something out of a terminator movie with replicants everywhere. I made it out with both of us barely alive and my car shot to bits. Good laugh though trying to drive through them all.

The Dome of York is coming soon as well (new maps and city). I took a walk out to the entrance which is being patrolled by some other kind of bots which showed some intelligence when I showed up. One of them noticed me from far away and called in others to hunt me. Some actually drove around the back of me to trap me in to kill me.

I couldn't get close to the entrance, and I was describing it for other people when a GM popped in on my location. She hadn't seen the place either and heard me talking about it. So she ran in and killed everything for me and let me have a look around.

Jaysus that sounds tempting, What's the story with servers are they all based in the US or are there European ones as well? I think I remember hearing jag talk about being on a German server so I'm guessing there must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

all servers are europe based, i play with a 140-300 ping, not that ping matters most of the time as the netcode is fairly sound and server side prediction is good.

hopefully ill be playing a bit more in the coming months what with dome of york and all.

new weapons
    pulse laser rifle
    Sniper rifles
    disruptor rifle (rare)

new rare drones
    one like particle beam and one like RG-1000 (energy cannon)

spitfire gatlin pistol is new also

new weapon mods will allow constructors to create artifact standard weapons (normal quality max was 94%m artifact is 120%)

• Advertisement

Jag do you know any players who are American and using dsl to play? Is the lag playable for them or are they a bit ****ed? Also do the servers empty at night time in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the servers are fairly empty at night time yes :p

Advertisement