Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my modem trouble

• 26-04-2003 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭

my modem (56k sigh) after a while stops exchanging info and goes dead chnging the connection speed helps sometimes but not always. any suggestions aprt from by a new one, see i'm tight fisted 15 year old!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

re install DUN or RAS?

re install your modem?

ring ericom tech support....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Nothing to do with hw tweaking, moved to tech. Read the charter please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

this happened to me a while back after installing my modem on my old machine.... cant remember what fixed it right now but itl come back to me. what o.s. r u using, win me by any chance.

off the top of my head go into control panel, modem settings advanced, port settings & check both send & recieve are set to highest available setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

i'm not sure how to re-install see i dont know how to back up the
    drivers how do i do that??

i'm using win98se

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

This is constantly happening to me too, it's really frustrating. I'm on WinXP Pro. The odd thing is it only seems to happen when I'm playing a game online - it doesn't really happen when i'm just surfing or downloading something.

I always presumed it was either my crap modem, my crap phone line, my crap esat nolimits connection, or a combination of the three... I'd love if there was an easy way to fix it, rack your brains whosurpaddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah have the same problem with my amr modem. works fine if you have a constant download/upload going, but if your browsing it takes a min or two to get going again. are you using an Amr, Pci or external?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

that's exactly what happens to me, i'ts ok when it's kept buisy. it's a zoltrix winHSP internal 56k modem

Advertisement