Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom's new release

Options
  • 26-04-2003 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Got a visit yesterday from an Eircom droid-ess with a clipboard.
    This is how the conversation went.

Ding Dong:

Me: please stop standing on my prized Petunia's Eircom Droid-ess
    Her: sorry, can I ask what carrier you are currently using?
    Me: UTVip
    Her:why
    Me: coz I get 150 hours internet access for 30 Euro
    Her: and would you use that amount?
    Me: no, I use about 70 to 80 hours
    Her: Oh, well, we can't compete with that.........can I call on you again in about 3 months when we have our new offering and prices?
    Me: yes please, now go quickly, you are in great danger here.

What does it all mean??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Heh, at least they're finally admitting that their current products ARE crap compared to UTV's.

I'd assume she means can she call back when eircon release it's FRIACO dialup products in June. But UTV will also release theres then so who cares wtf eircon offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bah, they've never called to me. Three years with "another carrier" (er, Esat) and not even an "I really love you and want you back" call at 3am.

Dammit Eircom, you're just not making it easy for us to get back together, even for a quickie in the broom cupboard. Maybe you've changed, maybe there's a place for the two of us in this crazy crazy world now. We could start with a card, maybe a text message at Christmas, then you could call to my place and show me what you've got. My current carrier doesn't need to know anything about it - what they don't know won't hurt them. It's been a few years - how about a call for old times sake before I dump you naked (metaphorically) on my doorstep after I've told you what I really think of you. Just a phone call - is that too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Originally posted by sceptre
    Bah, they've never called to me. Three years with "another carrier" (er, Esat) and not even an "I really love you and want you back" call at 3am.

Dammit Eircom, you're just not making it easy for us to get back together, even for a quickie in the broom cupboard. Maybe you've changed, maybe there's a place for the two of us in this crazy crazy world now. We could start with a card, maybe a text message at Christmas, then you could call to my place and show me what you've got. My current carrier doesn't need to know anything about it - what they don't know won't hurt them. It's been a few years - how about a call for old times sake before I dump you naked (metaphorically) on my doorstep after I've told you what I really think of you. Just a phone call - is that too much to ask?

ROFL tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by sceptre

how about a call for old times sake before I dump you naked (metaphorically) on my doorstep after I've told you what I really think of you. Just a phone call - is that too much to ask?

even with satirical comedy, be careful what you wish for! you just might get it.

Advertisement