Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief 3 Anyone?

Options
  • 26-04-2003 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard about the progress of Thief 3 directly or indirectly? News is pretty thin on the ground. The one bit I heard about it is that it may be out before spring '04. I'm really looking forward to this one. Might even upgrade for the occasion. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

my bro's headin over to a meeting with a few guys from ion storm ( he wangled a trip with a few guys from havok). so assuming that issue comes up, i'll give ya any info of he'll give me any

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Aragorn
    my bro's headin over to a meeting with a few guys from ion storm ( he wangled a trip with a few guys from havok). so assuming that issue comes up, i'll give ya any info of he'll give me any
    what do you mean by "wangled", i have a clear definition of "wang" in my mind and if wangled means what i think it means.... your brother is a man whore for the physics engine nerds.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

in wangled i meaned schemed. he was goin over there anyway...so he schemed to get in on the meeting wiht ion storm and the physics guys.
    :rolleyes: - people of these days

and they're not nerds...i know Steven Collins and he's actually farely cool. ( he gave me t-shirts!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

well any method is ok if it extracts any juicy info. It's been far too quiet on this game for too long. The thief 3 website is attaining some cobwebs on it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

When wil gossip be made available? I wish to know more of Thief3.

By any means necessary if needs be. What, or who, must I do to find out more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Please god no. Not another thief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Arken Thell

Theif 3 shall be out on X-box round November December time this year

no word yet as to weather it wil be out on PC but it's quite probable

Tactics and subtlety on a console first person perspective game?
    Has the world gone mad? Will it sell when people realise you're not allowed to kill people?

[/stereotypical console rant]

Surely some mistake? I would have thought Thief 3 would come to the PC first as the thing would be considered a bit too "slow paced" for the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Thief will fail on the console, no way can you control a game that stealth on a control pad, and because its on console first I will assume its being made for the console audiance, so it will be: P*ss easy (compared to other 2 for sure), finishable in a day, have pretty graphics and be not very stealthy at all. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mmm, looks yummy. Are there any more out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Really looking forward to this , loved the first two , especially
    the second.
    Surely , it isn't being released on Xbox first?

Oh Yes! It's true. Woohoo! The Through the Looking Glass Forum has quite a bit on this (with plenty of photo links at the bottom)

Thief 3 Update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Splinter Cell did fairly well for a stealth game on the X-box. Granted its not FPS but there is defo an audience for this type of game on the X-box. I wish Looking Glass worked on System Shock 3 instead of Theif 3 but I'm still looking forward to this game.

Advertisement