Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heatsink/fan

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Yeah airflow is a big factor. I used to have a Aopen full tower which had poor airflow and I could never get good temps in that. These days I have a coolmaster case, which has a lot better airflow. I only use 2x quiet 80mm fans. Both are Zalman fanmates set to the minimum speed. Ones an intake fan, blowing over the HD and the others an extract fan at the rear beside the cpu. This case also has a exhaust grill at the top of the case but I don't use a fan in it.

It would be very quiet PC only I have a 400w quiet PC PSU which uses 2 fans and its noiser than everything else. Once I get a bit of cash together I hope to change it for a quieter PSU. I'd mod it but it exhausts pretty hot air as it is from the PSU so I don't think I'd risk slower fans in it. Actually by the time I have some money I'll probabaly just get a new machine. If I do that I'll probably get a case like the Antec Sonata which is designed to run quieter and cooler by design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im just finished installing my new zalman 6000-cu ( 100% copper )and i have to say it was a breeze to install ,and the arm that holds the fan is great ( it means i can add another 2 fans to my 11 fan case Woot Woot ) i didn't use the 92mm fan i got with it , i used a 80mm antec blue tri L.E.D fan,i also used artic silver 3 instead of the thermal grease you get with it,i also have to say the base of the heatsink is very very smooth and shiney and well machined,i took bout 50-60 pics when i was puttin it in ( which will prob be on raz's modding site hopefully ) i no it's technically not a 'mod' but it might be good to show others my firsthand expierance.o yeah..the temps...well the system is the same at 15-16C and the cpu is now 28C, bout 2-3C cooler than the coolermaster HHC-001 ( 100% copper HeatPipe cooler)with the same 80mm antec fan.

O and btw if ne1 was wondering bout my secret mod that didn't happen was because : I was gonna put a fog machine inside the case until i found out that the mist it creates leaves an oily residue on everthing...so that's a definate no no for inside a computer case.:( o well.

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by elexes
    if it hits 90 you should think about changing .
    mine are between 49-56 constantly at any timie

so lads temprature? in celsius................is my temps of 37-48 fine yea?

would u let it get as high as 90 or whats the max temp u would allow your cpu get to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Personally I wouldn't even let mine get near 60.

I havn't ever had a chip that was that warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

If you are overcloking and have upped the core voltage i wouldn't let it go to 50. Otherwise 60 is alright with me , 70 would be getting to hot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement