Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the **** to go??

• 27-04-2003 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Ok fellow metal brains
    we have -

fibbers
    bruxelles
    phantasm
    isaac butt
    well the last two are just full of happy alternate music spas.

tell me where the **** there is to go??

fibbers there is never any women in. Bruxelles theyre always taken.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

fibbers there is never any women in. Bruxelles theyre always taken.

What the hell? I'm in Fibbers or Bruxelles a LOT. And I'm not taken. Well, not before 10.30pm anyway :p .

There isn't really anywhere else to go. I mean, are you going for the music or 'da wimmin'? This may mean two seperate places.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Bruxelles.

Im drunk. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

My place

Bruxelles is indeed a great place.

You can judge a person* by whether they turn left or right at the bottom of the stairs.
    There's also the people who don't even go down the stairs, but I don' worry about them, they're just extras in the feature film of My Life. Ha.

My main whinge is that I never have anyone to go to Bruxelles with. People I know would rather say 'Nah, Bruxelles is a dive' and then go somewhere else and moan and complain about the music. No logic at all.

I'm so hungover right now its unbelievable. I'd cry only for I'm afraid I'd lose the last precious piece of moisture left in my head. Forgot to take off my black eyeliner as well and I look like someone belted me in both eyes. Then again, someone probably did. I'm too afraid to check how little money I have left as well.

Back to the point if there was one. Yeah. Bruxelles. Come to think of it, everytime I'm in there, I'm sorta taken. And I never see any other girls in there that aren't taken, so Curadh, you have a very good point there.

Fibbers would be your best bet, but then you run the risk of getting one of these poser goth metal wimmin who really listen to Enrique Iglesias and Robbie Williams but someone told them they look better dressed as a goth and they score better looking that way, and in Fibbers. Twenty seconds of idle chat with them and your brain has frozen over and you're wondering if twenty aftershocks would make her more interesting or if you'd care after twenty aftershocks.

* I'm just saying. I don't really judge people by this. Well, not all the time. Some of the time. Most, then. Yes, yes okay I do judge people by this. I won't do a 'Do you turn left or right' poll though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

before 10.30? who the **** can afford to go anywhere before that?
    These days I only go to bruxelles for 2 things.
    the tunes,
    and the goth twins.
    have you ever seen them all gothed up like two ice queens. wow.
    the dj's are pretty cool they will always play what I ask them to, no matter how glam metal my request is.
    haven't been to fibbers since getting barred for confusing the radiator with the urinal.

• Advertisement

:o one complaint about bruxelles is that ****ing asshole bouncer fella with te shaved head and kinda grey goetee type thing.
    ****in dick!! oh and the fact a saturday night is always jammed!
    oh and aswell the fact its all cock only!

:(

what about the temple bar music centre club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Try go to Dominion.

before 10.30? who the **** can afford to go anywhere before that?

Me. But I'm loaded*. Mwoahahaha.

AngelWhore, thanks for the Dominion suggestion. Wow.

My legs went numb reading the playlists.

BUT in my case its just another place I'd like to go but I don't know anyone who'd come with me.

Actually, I shouldn't be participating in this damn thread at all. I never get to go anywhere cool ever. (Hangover Melancholia)
    Hey, if anyone out there who knows me ever goes to dominion, give me a shout please. I swear I'll cancel everything in favour of it.

what about the temple bar music centre club?

That can be a bit all over the place. I assume you mean Screamadelica?? Last time I was there they played some weird dance and 70's music hybrids but I was so trollied I danced anyway.

*Relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well as a drunken regular of Bruxelles, yes indeed that particular bouncer is indeed a twat sometimes, but then again arent most bouncers..

as for the theory that women in bruxelles are always taken, that is not true. ok currently (as a bloke last time I checked) i am taken, but there are loads of women that need taking (oh er, that doesnt sound too good)

fibbers aswell as women are with someone and those who arent - its takes a keen eye, the psyche of the hunter and also the balls to talk to whoever takes your fancy. if they tell you to bog off, smile and move on, if not, you may have a chance (this from someone who has a pathological thing of blushing everytime he talks to anyone :) )

i cant speak for silverfish (cause I dont know her) - so why not organise the swinging Rock/Metal dating game for those who are without partners ( I suggest a moderate fee for myself to host the event with garauntees of everyone getting someone*)

*not a garauntee :)

**** it yeah i'm in!

not..! i have that prob too when i blush sometimes when I try to talk to chicks!! not if I'm really ****in hammered though. That usually sorts most problems out along with anything else on offer.:)
    i think maybe my hunting skills have been on the backfoot for a while, maybe time to hit coppers again for a few cheap kills. Then re enter society with a serious edge and a renewed thirst for punkettes and goth chicks alike.;)

• Advertisement

judging by dominions playlists its way too ****in weird for me! I'll stick to heavy metal and cock rock thanks. Although it could be worth goin undercover for some of those goth girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Bring Back Charlies!!

The only problems with Bruxelles is the long haired gimp behind the bar, that and you have to wait about 5 hours before your music is played on the juke box, assuming the dj doesn't come on in the mean time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Terry would be the baldy ol'fella in Brux and Martins the little prick behind the bar....its always the ****ers that have been going there for ever that will get served first.
    I was there on Friday and the music was terrible so I said **** that I gonna start me own club.....and I did, its on in the Temple 15th May.....go to Phantom board or gigs/events for more info cos I don't wanna spam up this board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Martin? That his name? The twat who turns off the juke box if a song comes on that he doesnt like and then proceeds to program it with 4hrs full of shit

its always the ****ers that have been going there for ever that will get served first.

hey i happen to be one of those "****ers" - so **** you, I get served first because I am patient and dont scream at the barstaff to get a drink (note I am not saying you do). But the suprising number of people that do this in Bruxelles is quite comical - any serving or waiting staff will tell you - you scream at them for service, you are going to be the last person to get served
    and then proceeds to program it with 4hrs full of ****

define ****? as he put on heavy metal, just because it doesnt agree with your tastes doesnt necessarily meanits ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i usually cant get my mates to go anywhere decent with me, sometimes i'd go to fibbers, but generally, bruxelles is so ****ing loud and full we tend to avoid it, even tho its one of the better places. its impossible to have a conversation there, or move without standing on someones foot hehehe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the music in bruxells rocks, but it is far too small and crowded.

i like the lil indie area though, with the cool white couches.. very laid back

fibbers used to be cool, but the music they play there now is pretty weak tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    define ****? as he put on heavy metal, just because it doesnt agree with your tastes doesnt necessarily meanits ****

Just totally ignore my reason for saying the songs he plays are shit, why don't you.

well i like the tunes in bruxelles, but sometimes they play too much of one particular metal, mostly death and slayery type stuff. I would like to hear more punk and heavy metal. Definitely more 80's. I want to know more about this new ****ing club opening in templebar, I think its gonna be a venue and rock club. What ****ing genious is funding it i wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭colin caustic

yo curadh if yer into punk yeh should check out fleas and lice-there playin the music room on abbey street on 29th of next month...they've some really great stuff,not really hardcore but not like sex pistolsy punk either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've not been in Bruxies in ages. I used to know jsut about everyone in there, but now I'm lucky if I know 2

I'd love to go back though.

You could try "Thomas Reeds" too on a saturday night. THe very downstairs bar plays a lot of rock stuff. It's not exclusively a rock bar or anything, but you usually get great moshes going - especially RATM ones

Get a good mix of people too, from goth to rock to "other"

well as a drunken regular of Bruxelles, yes indeed that particular bouncer is indeed a twat sometimes, but then again arent most bouncers..

heh .... regular in bruxelles?? for how long? I may have seen you around (when I was very much a regular fixture in the plce :D )

As for the bouncer in question (who's name I can't think of right now), he's actually really good as bouncers go, and I've never had a problem with him. In fact, any time I've ever had some issue he's gone and dealt with it quick-smart. He just doesn't take any bullsh*t from people hence he comes across as abrasive at times.

... but there are loads of women that need taking (oh er, that doesnt sound too good)

hehe ... cue the music of the lone ranger and the phrase "Hi oooo .. silver!! Away!!" ;)

i cant speak for silverfish (cause I dont know her) - so why not organise the swinging Rock/Metal dating game for those who are without partners ( I suggest a moderate fee for myself to host the event with garauntees of everyone getting someone*)

sounds good to me ;)

On note of mention of Dominion, I intensely despise that place. A great deal many of those who seem to frequent the place come across as pretentious *****rs (in my experience).

Originally posted by Lemming
    heh .... regular in bruxelles?? for how long? I may have seen you around (when I was very much a regular fixture in the plce :D )

oh god been going to bruxelles for the past 10 odd years - well back before they changed it around (the bar used to be at the very back, instead of the site - hell I am heading there on Saturday night ( I hope) for more drunken fun and games :)

Originally posted by PiE
    Just totally ignore my reason for saying the songs he plays are shit, why don't you.

what reason??? you never gave any

oh god been going to bruxelles for the past 10 odd years - well back before they changed it around (the bar used to be at the very back, instead of the site - hell I am heading there on Saturday night ( I hope) for more drunken fun and games :)

I remember the old layout. I remember Charlies too ;)

Hmm - well I used to be in there constantly fora few years back. I could be seen on more than one occasion wearing Taz tshirts :D Tall bugger with long hair and a goatee.

I might have to wander in on sat. night so ;)

Originally posted by Lemming
    I remember the old layout. I remember Charlies too ;)

Hmm - well I used to be in there constantly fora few years back. I could be seen on more than one occasion wearing Taz tshirts :D Tall bugger with long hair and a goatee.

I might have to wander in on sat. night so ;)

yeah Charlies was cool, I had my 18th b-day in there :)

and as for wandering in saturday night - oh god noooooooo, i dont want reports of drunken antics on boards.ie :))

nah if you are in, just look for some guy with a slayer t-shirt (green demon face, all over print, its scary I know what I will be wearing on saturday night) at the back of the pub - thats me - and the password is, hmmmmm "silent bob" :)

and on a side note, wouldnt it be weird if people from boards met up under the idea that the person(s) they are meeting are pretty cool, only to find out that they are/used to be mortal enemies. happened to me before on another forum, set up to meet a few lads for major binge, turned out the guy who I organised it with was a long time b*stard I thoroughly hated - still do :). That ever happened to anyone else??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

you could always try the neptune for a few quiet pints in a metal ish type surrounding.

wheres the neptune?
    Thomas reeds looks a bit poncy from the outside dude.

Neptune is on Abbey Streeet, heading towards Andrews Theatre

• Advertisement

Originally posted by curadh
    wheres the neptune?
    Thomas reeds looks a bit poncy from the outside dude.

heh .. oh how little you know lad ;)

there are three bars in the place. The two bars that are visible from the street are yer average bars (well, one "normal" & one "poseurrrr"). Then there's the DOWNSTAIRS bar ......

mwuaahaahaahaaa

Advertisement