Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI KT4V Boot Problem

• 27-04-2003 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

After working problem free for a few months, my system started going down with the blue screen of death a few days ago, giving out about memory paging faults. The situation then got progresively worse, to the point where the system will now not boot at all - not even to a point where the monitor comes on. I think from the diagnostic lights that its bugging out when its accessing my RAM (DDR-2700 512MB), at which point it starts a two tone beep sequence and halts power to evrything bar the system speaker.

I've tried putting DIMMs that I know work in instead of mine and I still get the same error, so I'm thinking its a problem with the board.

Anyone any ideas?

----

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

... and I bought it from Komplett. Anyone know what they're like for replacing faulty parts?

----

Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

As far as i know komplett are good for returns on faulty parts once you go though the correct means of return (read their site) contact someone from the customer service section first. About your machine, before you send a help email to komplett about returning it, check that a) your chip isn't overheating, and b) that your graphics card isn't faulty. try testing another agp or pci card if you have it handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I don't think the chip would be overheating just after booting?
    If it it then the board is really screwed up.
    Have you tried flashing the bios?

I tried an old PCI graphics card but some problem.

As for overheating - I did think of that, but the system has a Zalman flower heatsink and its always behaved itself and never overheated thus far - although there's a first time for everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by aodh_rua
    I tried an old PCI graphics card but some problem.

As for overheating - I did think of that, but the system has a Zalman flower heatsink and its always behaved itself and never overheated thus far - although there's a first time for everything!

on a completly differant note aodh_rua would you reccommend that heatsink? im thinkin bout gettin one this week. are they as hard to fit as ive heard?

• Advertisement

Hi whosurpaddy

The flower is a bugger to install - I even broke some of the little catches on the cpu mounting taking it off this time.

That said - it looks cool and it runs pretty quietly. I am not convinced that it is the best heatsink ever - my system usually ran with the cpu at 55 degrees, but that's AMD for ya - but hey, you can't win em all.

Still though - I'm not happy about those clips.

----

Tony

Advertisement