Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending and receiving e-mails to an inbox

• 27-04-2003 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

I was wondering can I send a text message from an e-mail address to a Vodafone mobile phone number in Ireland. Does a Vodafone mobile phone have an e-mail address where text messages can be sent to, and they will appear on the phone? Eg. I am currently using an AT&T cell phone in the U.S. and my phone has an e-mail address which basically is myphonenumber@at&t.com so if someone sends an e-mail to that address it immediately appears as a text message on my phone. Does Vodafone have this or some similar service??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

AFAIK no.... but it sounds like a great idea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

closest they have is allowing people to configure their @vodafone.ie account to sms a notification message when a new email is received (filters can be applied for sender email, subject and mail content) - you don't receive the actual email contents in the text though - just the email address of the sender, with a number to dial to listen to the email if they want (or you can check it online, though WAP/Live! or POP/IMAP email to the account).

find it very handy for eBay auctions for notifications when i've been out bid / won :)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

does that cost anything dub ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - for the sms notification part - no.

BrianG

Advertisement