Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Muppet

Options
  • 27-04-2003 9:27pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'd just like to expose the muppet that is Praetorian. I gave him a lend of my GC to play Metroid. However faced with non-linear gameplay and no quicksaving every 2 seconds he wouldn't play it unless I was over so he could us me as a walkthrough and spoil the exploration element of the game. Anyway, I'vce taken it back off him until he mends his ways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

lol? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The ninja is after you prae :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

muppet indeeeedy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Metroid hmmm great game, but it's boring not knowing where to go to be honest. I'm lazy too. Gamepads aren't good for FPS's :rolleyes:

I have finished more games than Retro by a long shot! :ninja:

I thought you would mention your Street Fighter 2 (all versions) victories over me. You really are too good at that game!
    YOU F.R.E.A.K....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I know what you mean, the quicksaving doesnt bother me as there is pretty much nothing that can kill you, its just all the other "retro" throwbacks from the originals that I dont enjoy and dont think work well in a modern 3d game.

To me, its a game with as many majorly good points as majorly pain in the ass ones.

Im not totally sold on the idea Metroid is "non linear" either. There *are* load zones, monsters of any given room have *no* ability to leave that room and the non-linear part of it involves dragging yourself over and back between the same 30 rooms. Its a clever trick, ill give it that.

Matt

PS: Viewed respawning enemies with no AI as retarded too, but left out of gripe list as its "part of the game series" etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Street fighter 2???

Me is the bestest hehehehehe

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

For years Retrogamer didn't go to school. He spent his waking moments begging for 20P pieces so he could go upto the airport to play Street Fighter...He invented winner stays on. He is a bastard.

He's useless at everything else though. :)

Funnily enough, I never heard of Gamefaqs.com until he said it. I've still not used it for any games :D

I'll eventually finish Metroid Prime ;) I just have to use my walkthrough (Retrogamer) to finish it :ninja:so I dont die of boredom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only use gamefaqs for educational reasons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by Praetorian
    Metroid hmmm great game, but it's boring not knowing where to go to be honest. I'm lazy too. Gamepads aren't good for FPS's

Metroid is barely an FPS. There isn't really a strafing function in it. You just use the one analog stick to move. It's more of a mind stimulating game. What's great about it is the solving of the puzzles, and the feeling when something clicks in your mind, and you realise what a moron you were for not realising the answer before.

Not knowing where to go was kick ass. It involved exploring and made the game feel like more of a "world" than a linear story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Zukustious
    It's more of a mind stimulating game. What's great about it is the solving of the puzzles, and the feeling when something clicks in your mind, and you realise what a moron you were for not realising the answer before
    I take it you like zelda aswell then :)

Advertisement