Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ'ing - impress us

• 27-04-2003 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Come on then, impress us with your experience on this "more tricky than switching the oven on" malarky!

In my flat's very small garden there is a communal bbq and I am very tempted to have a lash at it (just need to clean the grills :()

My father has a cool wee thing that he uses to heat up the coals in the beginning. It is a smallish (larger in diameter than your fist) cylinder with a grill on the bottom. The grill stops the coal from coming out. You put the coal in the cylinder, put some paper underneath the grill (2 inch gap or so) and light the paper. This burns and has oxygen coming through the holes and hence lights the coal. after sufficient time he pours the burning coal into the bbq and starts to cook. nyom.

But how do you do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

match + lighter fluid soaked coal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Soak the coals for ages in lighter fuel first.
    Then stack em in a heap on th bbq.
    Ignite...........whoosh!
    When they go grey spread em out and go for it.
    Save a spray gun (empty and thouroughly ceaned windowlene for example. that type of thing anyway) handy to put out the flames when your cooking. They residual heat in the coals from the roasting they got earlier is enough to cook even the biggest hunk of cow-ass!

Also if you marinade they meat for over a day before hand, well let's just say......noice!

Advertisement