Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband and quake/1/2/3

Options
  • 27-04-2003 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

do u think broadband well save the irish quake community?

well broadband save irish quake? 14 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    71% 10 votes
    its too late to be saved (i'm gay)
    28% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

No, only you can save Irish quake #Meat#, quickly you don't have much time.

Fly fly fly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

you forgot the quotes around community

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

with the digs rev. ure such a stand up guy. god i want to be like u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

yes meat together me aND U CAN SAVES IRELANDS COMMUNITY, HOLD MY HAND AND TAKE THE JUMP INTO ALL NIGHT PLAYING ON GAMES 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

i'm not saying anything about me saving anything :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RED HORN

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    i'm not saying anything about me saving anything :rolleyes:

but #meat# if you won't answer quakes call who will.

Your the only hope Irish quake has got now, and this time it's personal.

You can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

gay people can't play quake?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It`s a real shame red horn and azezil dont play quake(baseq3 aint quake azezil)

Some of the posting in here are beginning to look like CS muppetry.

Seriuosly tho, i reckon broadband won`t get everyone suddenly playing quake. But it will help the community here, like in the past year i reckon there would have been more people playing if we had a server.

There are other games which new gamers would pick up and play first. But q3 is a classic regardless and with more gamers playing due to BB obviously there`d be one or two more playing quake.

On another note, for existing players, the better ping will lead to more competitiveness in leagues.

on the communtity thing, well i dont get to play q3 much anymore, never really did but. I started playing last year, when fh:spaceman introduced me to the game, i went online played a bit, didnt know wot i was at.

I joined the irish quake IRC channels, #jobos, #quake.ie and #fh. From there i got questions answered on wot files needed configs etc. I even got some lads to show me map tactics.

I`m completly new to games when i started( a year ago), the quake lads are open, willking to help and generally decent blokes, always keen to give u a hand on any questions, benji, saik, killy, spaceman etc.

They don`t seem to mind that i`m new to the game.

Anyway enough with the fan boy stuff, i also tried to play CS online, so went into the irish cs channels on irc, hoping for the same sorta help and welcoming of a new player, hah hah, well being called noob 5000 times helped, so i packed it in.

Advertisement