Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I had BF for 4 months and still havn't played it

Options
  • 28-04-2003 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Am i missing out on much? Looks like its a very popular game.

I havn't been able to play it coz it won't run at the moment. Maybe someone can help me out here. I installed it once and it ran(i didn't actually start a game that time though) Then i uninstalled it coz i wasn't playing it and it was just using up space on my HD. Then i reinstalled it. When i try to play it just as it was about to load up screen went black for a second then it just went back to the desktop and gave no error sign or anything as to why it didn't work:(

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

No idea whats wrong, but your definately missing out on a great game, try patching it and see what happens. (patchs are pretty big tho, its on 1.31 at the mo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i had this problem i cant remeber exactly how i fixed it because it was ages ago but it had something to do with bf forcing a certin refresh rate and windows wouldnt use that rate because of the win2k/xp refresh rate fix i used
    one of the config files in the bf directory has a line where u can disable the force refresh rate thing
    sorry my answer is a bit vague but maybe it will help u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by tuxx
    i had this problem i cant remeber exactly how i fixed it because it was ages ago but it had something to do with bf forcing a certin refresh rate and windows wouldnt use that rate because of the win2k/xp refresh rate fix i used
    one of the config files in the bf directory has a line where u can disable the force refresh rate thing
    sorry my answer is a bit vague but maybe it will help u
    Thats interesting. I use this thing called NVrefresh tool which sorted out that xp forced refresh rate thing for half-life(the way it always switched the refresh rate to 60Hz when u went to play the game) so you'd think it wouldn't be a problem with BF. Bah i dunno what to do:(

Do u think if i uninstall it again maybe properly uninstall it and reinstall it might just work?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah its bf thats messing things up. It forces 60 hz so you have to go to settings dir and you'll find a videodefault.con. Then at the bottom theres a command "renderer.allowAllRefreshRates" then set that to 1 and its fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Make sure you have the most recent update (v1.31) installed. Dice have been fixing many bugs with the updates and i think the refresh one has been fixed in v1.31. Theres a link to it in the Charter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

4 months and not played it? *gasp* im very very dissappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

No no I think many of us can relate to him. I've only just got my copy to work most of the time, it still drops back to teh desktop and once reset my machine :/

But when it works its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I only installed it the day before megalan and im so sorry Ihadnt done it sooner. The game is amazing imho. Never had as much fun as I did sitting in the rear gunner position in a B17 blasting away at incoming aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dNC | Tickle

ill buy ur cd key if u want

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by dNC | Tickle
    ill buy ur cd key if u want

I have an un-used bf1942 key.
    How much you willing to purchase it off me for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Washout
    4 months and not played it? *gasp* im very very dissappointed!
    It's actually about 7 months now and still i haven't played it.

I also have Vice City for PC for about two weeks now and haven't even installed it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Lenny
    I have an un-used bf1942 key.
    How much you willing to purchase it off me for?

Got any unused Road to Rome CD keys ?

Matt

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

No sorry, only bf1942 cause I got 3 booklets :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 blazer1

have you got the crak for it thet game is very good and when you are looking for crak you mite as well get TurboJeeps and DesertCombat and ParallelWorld the are all small mods they should take about 1/2 an hour at the most if you need more just ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

happened to me before, it happened when i patched it all up wrong, i cant remember what i did exactly wrong, but i remember i just installed old BF, then did absolutely nothing with it and installed the patch? then my mods. :ninja:

Advertisement