Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantasm films...

Options
  • 28-04-2003 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I just got Phantasm 2 on DVD last week, and it really brought me back. I used to love these films years ago, and now it really didn't make too much sense to me right away... In fact, I barely remembered half the film apart from a few things.

But the series definetly has to be one of the most under-rated in Horror, and Angus Scrimm is one hell of a baddie. 'You think that when you die you go to heaven? You come to us...'
    Quite brilliant.

Phantasm 3 was the last one I saw, and I never got to see Phantasm: Oblivion.

Now I hear they're making a new one.
    Better yet, Bruce Campbell is going to be in it.

Anyone a fan of the films?

Is Oblivion worth seeing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

nay havnt seen them but after your recomendation i might rent em out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd seen them years ago (Apart from 4, and that was very recent) but just rekindled my intrest upon my purchase of the new Marduk album. They used a quote on the song 'Hearse' (How suitable) from the original: "The funeral is about to begin, sir."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Now I hear they're making a new one.
    Better yet, Bruce Campbell is going to be in it.

:D
    Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Im a big fan of those movies, well, the first two. The third sucked.
    I always thought they could do a cool FPS based on Phantasm 2. Quad shotgun anyone? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

YEah i loved the phantasm films i have the 3rd one on vhs clasic. And even the new still has michael Baldwin in it " This time its personal " should be the tag line and i welcome Bruce Camble in anything, it watch corination street if he was in it! Hail to the king, baby!

I first saw the first film when i was about 10 when it was new on video and for some reason i always confused it with the shinning. I supose the ball did shine.

And for all the films it still held the same main characters in the cast, the same to actors. Even the new film has angus scrim ( the tall guy ) he must look old now. I look foward to seeing this new film.

here is the blurb on it!
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0272778

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

I haven't seen them in ages, but I remember that old-skool-metallers Acid Reign had a deadly Phantasm track on Oblivious .

Advertisement