Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rolling Stones - On Sale Now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the mirror article was typical gutter press crap. a quote from it "MCD's justin green claimed ticketmaster had smashed an elaborate plot by the hackers to illegitimately obtain tickets for the 2 concerts which sold out in just 2 minutes"
    there were no hackers. either mr green didnt pass his english exams or just cant afford a dictionary or worse still is just plain ignorant about the situation but still makes statements to the press.
    a 7 year old kid could have pulled off this "elaborate plot". somebody payed the 90 euro to become a fan club member, entered the password then copied and pasted the web address on a website, lock him up! forget sadam, this guy is pure evil.

another quote and "mr green accused hackers of setting up a bogus internet portal that would encourage genuine fans to use the link"
    if it was bogus then why did ticketmaster send out confirmations and gladly take peoples money. a bogus website refers to a website set up by somebody trying to imitate a real website like the joke e-bay websites that get sent in emails. the actual web address usually gives it away, but this was ticketmasters own site offering something for sale which people accepted and were charged for. the real thing that pissed people off is the fact that ticketmaster waited till the last second to tell people their tickets werent valid. i thought mine were in the bag so didnt bother trying to get more, if they told me even the day before i would have had a chance. i think they did this out of spite to screw the "hackers", it cant be a coincidence that they only notified people minutes before. they cant say they didnt notice that 1000's of tickets were being sold through this website until the last minute, and why did they accept the money?

the real story the mirror and most people have missed is that ticketmaster are touting tickets. if i set up a U2 "fan club" and went to ticketmaster trying to get tickets in advance of a gig i am sure they would do it, but not out of the goodness of their cold black hearts. ticketmaster obviously received money from this "fan club" for each ticket sold through it, does anybody know how much extra they made. the "fan club" obviously made a lot too. so you were paying money to 2 touts. the tickets were bound to sell out instantly so they were going to command a high price so they got in on the legal touting scam before hand. if there is any "elaborate plot" to be smashed it is ticketmasters own touting. they are not happy with screwing you with service charges, booking fees, online booking now they have 90 euro "fan club fees". more bands should do what radiohead did and sell tickets from their own sites. why dont bands see how much money ticketmaster are making compared to themselves and sell their own. seems to me ticketmaster were just pissed off that they missed out on all their touting money from their own scam.

"I see that they've re-credited cards as quickly as they debited them... (not)"
    probably making a fortune on the interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 john clarity

i was mighty pissed with the way the mirror article turned out,because when i was talking to him on the phone he said ticketmaster had screwed him over last year too.the one in the independant that joey ramone got was far better,but it's not enough.i was in contact with jim lockhart today from the dave fanning show,hopefully what i've said to them will pique there interest and we can make a bit more of it.

by the way,did anyone else here reports of more stones concerts today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Well my refund came through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

As did my refund.

w*nkers the lot of them. "Ticketmaster foiled a plot by a dublin based criminal gang" my foookin' a*se :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

My refund has come through just in time for them to charge me again!

I've still had no reply from the e-mail I sent them. I think they are just hoping that this will just go away.

Is there any more word from the Director of Consumer Affairs? There's is f**k all Ticketmaster can do by way of compensation (we want tickets and we can't have em cause they're gone) but it would be nice to see them finally be held accountable!

what about some compensation for us too?without these tickets the likelihood of ever seeing the stones is slim..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joey Ramone

Listen to News Talk radio 106fm at 2.30 today. They are doing a special on the tickets fiasco. Listen online at http://www.newstalk106.ie

Just because ticketmaster refunded you doesnt mean this is over. There are breach of contract issues.

Can't listen in while in work.

If someone could post the jist of the piece that would be the biz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 musiclovingman

I've just made the same posting on The Frames website. If people are aggrieved at how they have been treated by Ticketmaster and they want to take this further, e-mail me at musiclovingirishman@yahoo.co.uk
    I hope to unite all those willing to fight this injustice. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Joey Ramone

I've set up a temporary forum for the people involved in the stones ticket fiasco. We should all group up rather than stay spread out over several websites.

http://stonesfiasco.myikonboard.com/viewboard.php

Anyone know what happened to the miikon board?

Hope TM haven't been throwing their weight around.

I don't know what's going on. I've sent an e-mail around the group to try and find out. I think we should try and contact the board administrator to see what's happening.

got my credit card bill. i owe 648 this month because those kunts delayed so long in paying me back it went to the next month.

Does anybody know where the original link came from that enabled people to get tickets for the Rolling Stones before the advertised date? musiclovingirishman@yahoo.co.uk would only love to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Don't know anything about a deep link, but I found it through searching for the event by date - September 9

• Advertisement

Just to let people know that we have found the source of the link and there is nothing illegal about it. The individual in question found it on the www.ticketmaster.ie website. So if this allays the fears of any of you wishing to take this further, we have formed a community of people willing to take Ticketmaster on at musiclovingirishman@yahoo.co.uk
    New members are now welcome as we fight for our rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

hows the fight goin???

building up a wall of evidence that we can sneak up behind ticketmaster and drop on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I've just got a confirmation e-mail from ticket master about the tickets they cancelled a few months ago

anyone else get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by hussey
    I've just got a confirmation e-mail from ticket master about the tickets they cancelled a few months ago

anyone else get this?

Nope? What time did you get it at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

26 june 14.02 according to mail acc

T I C K E T M A S T E R

O R D E R C O N F I R M A T I O N

Hello, Mr. Kevin Hussey:

Thank you for purchasing your tickets with Ticketmaster.
    Your confirmation number for this purchase is 17-XXXX/UK2.
    You might want to print or save this email for future reference.

O R D E R S U M M A R Y

We have received your order for 2 ticket(s) to:
    MCDCLEAR CHANNELTODAY FM
    THE ROLLING STONES

POINT THEATRE
    DOORS 7:00PM SHOW 8:00PM
    TUE 09-SEP-2003

Total Price:
    171.00 euro

Remember, all purchases are subject to credit card approval and
    billing address verification.

Delivery Method:
    Mail

i got one too. check my credit card and they took nothing out though.

i hope against hope they're about to be caught out by their own blundering and incompetence,and ye get tickets for free...let us know what happens anyway.

Just thought I'd blow the dust off this one, seeing as how it's on tonight.

Don't suppose there's anymore news on the legal front?

was it not posted here?basically the legal advice was obtained, which said we could win but would get nothing except the refund price, which had already been given back, at which point noone wanted to do anything more..a shame, but it would have cost.

Advertisement