Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreamcatcher

• 28-04-2003 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen it yet? I went to see it last night, and I have to say its complete pants!! (imo)

Apart from the a few mildly humorous scenes, I was just wishing it would end and put me out of my misery. lol

Also, the film really reminded me of another Stephen King film ... IT.

BTW the matrix prelude which was shown before the film was pure class. The FX were amazing! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd like to see it (the trailer was good), but the movie only got a limited release across the country.

I asked in my local cinema why they didn't have it. The person I asked walked over to the dreamcatcher poster, read the credits at the bottom (as if to confirm something), and then told me that it was a Warner Brothers movie. Apparently there are distribution problems with some WB movies. He said he didn't know if they were getting it.

Doesn't affect all WB movies, because we had Welcome To Collinwood.

If the Matrix is not shown or delayed, there'll be a riot!

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am reading the book at the moment. It's good, Movies always ruin a book.

I always felt that they didn't explain the ending of The Green Mile very well. In the book you finish reading and you think wow that great the guys you want to be punished get punished, The film just didn't do it justice.

What was the animatix like at the start of the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by Elmo
    What was the animatix like at the start of the movie?

Fantastic. Its nearly worth going to see dreadcatcher just for that ...... nearly! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Practically all the reviews I read said it was awful.

Will probably give it a shot anyways. Reviews aren't always right.

Originally posted by koneko
    Reviews aren't always right.

Thats what I thought. Oh how wrong I was ... :(

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

This film was so bad, it deserves every crappy review it gets and more. Go see the animatrix and then get out as quickly as possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Or you could download them off the net :

Animatrix Downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I didn't think it was that bad. With King you don't go in expecting much and you're usually not surprised, and this was pretty standard horror stuff. Tbh - I wish Freeman had a better part. I didn't like his choice of monster though.
    A giant turd with teeth? Thanks for that image guys. It's going to make going to the toilet a happy excercise in mental health.
    Anybody else think the filling might have slipped from King's sandwich?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

the movie was terrible. boo!

the amimatrix video made it worth it though - i've never seen such realistic CGI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by ciano
    Fantastic. Its nearly worth going to see dreadcatcher just for that ...... nearly! lol
    thats kinda true actually:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Thought the film was alrightish but could have been so much better. I've read the book and it's excellent and it's annoying to see scenes that were utterly fantastic being reduced to nothing (the part were Jonesy lets a student off with cheating and the part were the soldiers take out a spaceship with the Rolling Stones playing over their speakers).

So much more could have been done and the quality of the acting at the start was utterly woeful (it seemed to improve though). Yer lad from Band of Brothers did fairly well.

And the Animatrix was kinda cool (nice t&a) but it's no substitute for what's coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Worst film ever.
    Where's the zero stars rating? :p

its your fault we went !
    it could have been X2 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

which Animatrix is it? is it the one done by Square soft? coz thats not available on the net yet? or am I wrong.

This short film before a movie thing is great, I went to see Phone Booth and they had that BMW film done by Tony Scott with James Brown and Gary Oldman. Great stuff www.bmwfilms.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

why is the film so **** may i ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

It was poor, but i got my moneys worth (in the form of Final Flight of the Osiris).

A

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    why is the film so **** may i ask?

Dont take just our word for it .... read the reviews. Most say that its a fairly awful film. Or you could always go and see it and make your own opinion. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

In a word - ****e.

teh Animatrix is teh w1N tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

I was goin go and see that it looked pretty good from the tralier.. ah well i'll probably go anyway!!!!

go, watch the trailers, and then sneakaly sneak into another film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Limerick Omniplex finally got this in, so I went to it on Saturday night. After reading this thread, I expected to hate it.

I didn't.

It was nothing special, but it wasn't terrible either. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. The CGI was above average, the gore was in abundance, and the story (although a bit clichéd) was pretty engaging.

It never really explained who Duddits was, though..... someone (who read the book) had to explain it to me afterwards.

Of course, the reason I went to Dreamcatcher was to see the Matrix short before it. F**king Omniplex muppets in Limerick (in their infinite wisdom) decided not to show it. Plus they put the movie in screen 8 (one of the 2 worst screens in the cinema, and unforgivable for a 'new' release)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement