Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on New Cork bar

• 28-04-2003 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anybody been to The Longisland on Oliver Plunkett St. They're doing cocktail drinks as well.

Any opinions ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭super_canard

Well.. i walked past it couple of times...
    I think i got scared from the boucer there really... and I thought My leather jacket wouldn't really fit with the color of the walls :-D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Where on the street evilmouse? Is it, like, a conformists cocktail joint or a cool one like Costigans used to be? Any Tight White Tops?

Uh-huh-huh-huh... Costigans Tight White Tops...

adam

Well it looks pretty posh from the outside really...
    Even from the back (that little alley behing it... dunno the name)...
    Both side look nice... too nice even... don't think i could be happy drinking cocktails... unless there is a drink list on the web? At which point I might change my mind :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 evilmouse

Directly across from the church. €7.50 for a sex in the forest ! Friend of mine got one, she had it gone in 20 seconds!! And she's no mean drinker.

Pretty much the same price for a vodka-redbull and that last way much longer! LOL

I might stick to the havana's browns... except that the entry fee is pretty much a killer LOL

• Advertisement

Havanna's a bit expensive alright. Can't believe they charge an extra 70 cent for a splash in ur vodka. I was furious. I thought I'd be cute and not buy the redbull. :mad:

awww... come on 70C... that ain't that bad... :-)

I'll pour vodka over your coke for free if you're a cute female :-D (messing... just extremely bored at work... nothing to do here today....Can't believe I get paid for that.. :-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've been there a few times. I like the place.
    The cocktails are very good, the staff take their time and make them properly. They're a bit too keen on lime for my taste.

It's not too trendy, and isn't usually too crowded. There's two doors in btw, and there's usually only bouncers on one!

I wasn't overly impressed with the place last Sat. week. Pretty packed and the price of the cocktails kinda put me off (I know I'm stingy :p ). I'll defo have to pay another visit to give a 2nd chance.

are both of the doors opened? :-D

And as you've been inside... do you think my leather jacket would fit with the wall's? :-D

• Advertisement

I think your leather jacket would go just tastefully with the walls :) but you just might clash with the bouncers' leather jacket !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Adam, LongIsland is where Garbaldis was. Its up the street from Prime Time on Washington Street.

For some reasons people either take me for:

A gay.. (no offences... I love when you buy me drinks... :-D )
    A bouncer... (????)
    A hitman (I was told that several times.. hence the fact that so far no clubs told me to **** off? :-D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by yellum
    Adam, LongIsland is where Garbaldis was. Its up the street from Prime Time on Washington Street.

Correctimundo. And for the pedants/exactivists out there the address is 14 Washington Street. Next door to the old Ritz flea-circus.

I know these things coz I deliver there. So now!

I also know that my daily delivery to Longisland is the highlight of my day thanks to the duty cook -- the most magnificiently proportioned and beautiful human being of the female persuasion that I have ever seen, seriously. I leave the place dragging knuckles on the floor, eyes on stalks and drooling a trail of spittal behind.

I also have her name and phone number, and it's my secret..... all mine. So there!

I suppose this means they serve food .. right?

So what kind? I'm getting curious :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by daveirl
    Garabaldis used to be on Carey's Lane. I don't know what was there before Long Island.

There was more than one Garabaldis in the City Centre Dave. Garabadlis was also in Washington Street. I know this cos I got a very ****e pizza in there years back. Crap service and bad food. ( Irishrail must have been franchising )

They were in Wilton too.

• Advertisement

Yo... :-)

We talked about that place...

I'm just wondering... is there any places to avoid all the time in cork? (still looking around all over the place to find my new home for weekedns nights.. :-) )...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

I know the bouncer there :) yunno the BIG guy with the foxy hair, Hes totally sound.

Havent gone in yet but its supposed to be fairly nice. Its own by the ppl that own issacs so the food(they do lunches i think) is meant to be top notch. Must give it a gary some time.

(Funny that you mention the leather jacket thing. Me and a friend of mine were out a few weeks ago , both wearing leather jackets. We got asked by about (im not exaggerating now) 30 people at different places when we were standing outside "can we pass", we had a great laugh) must defiantely wear it again

LOL... i was planning on going tonight... wanna come along? LOL
    We can all wear the leather jackets.. and wait somewhere were there is no bouncers.. just for the fun of it.. .:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Long Island I thought was quite a decent place. When it's packed though it's a bit **** - like on Sat. week of Easter.

Haven't tried the cocktails. Anyway it's good to see a few new bars in Cork in the past year. I suppose LI is good IMHO because the crowd is not <20 years. In fact, it seems like the general age around Cork has changed since 2000 or so. Far less of the 18 yr old schoolgoers around. And it seems to me that the bouncers have no problem with utterly ignoring the anti-discrimination act regarding age, which I have no problem with and utterly welcome; perhaps that's why the age in bars around the city (the newer ones) is older? Less hassle? Gardai prefer it that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

Following the enormous success of the easter beer fest at the Franciscan Well, North Mall, Cork, Eurobeers have announced a Cider fest for the saturday and sunday of the june bank holiday weekend (also at the Well) featuring scandanavia's top selling ciders from the Kopparbergs company + all the usual foreign beers/Franciscan micro brewery beers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

i thought the long island was on wihthrop street, opposite the gpo on oliver plunkett street, or am i way off

nope! it's on washington street (next to Acorn Life house) about 4 doors up from Prime Time

I think you're thinking of the Long Valley which is on Winthrop Street near the G.P.O.

Sin É Bar on Coburg Street have just opened a barber shop upstairs and are doing deals like a hair cut and a pint for 9.99.

I think they do a shaving as well.

bizarre idea but they seemed busy when I was in there earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

thank you i was thinking of the long valley. my bad. a pint and a hair cut for 9.99. that is really cool idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

It is a totally bizarre idea though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement