Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 2

Options
  • 28-04-2003 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'd decided to follow the advise of the quake3 players and just suit myself and put games on that I like to play so hello tribes2 server (I like t1 but no linux server) its running classic which has faster gameplay but if needed we can speed it up futher.

I'll grab a load of custom maps as well, if ppl want I'll mirror the lastest patch.

Lucutus has password etc for admin so talk to him if you're into that sort of thing.

More power to me ! and damn the rest of you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You know why its called 'classic'? Cos it trys to emulate tribes 1. Just stick t1 on it and be done with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Problem is ( and we've been over this before ) that theres no up todate linux server for tribes1. So tribes2 classic will have to fill in the gap anyway I like it. And if u can think of a way to improve it suggest away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Any chance of you throwing up a Q2 Server even just for an afternoon this weekend ? Just the normal DM1 thru 8 levels. Would be a great laugh.

Ahh Quake II the proper quake.
    I'm sure I bring myself to it, fancy finding me a link to the linux server. I'll upload the base etc tomorrow.

Lets say we swap the q3 server for the day, assuming anyones interested. Put a post on quake board and see if theres takers. If u can get more than 3 I'll do it.

I've the server ready to go for the weekend quake 2 that is. I'll stick a post in teh quake board. We should be able to get some of the HIV guys to play a game be good to have an old mill again. Good idea tin nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks Rev. So is Spoonman still alive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I'd consider loggin on but I'm not sure I could be bothered with all those patches :/

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Tribes 2 is down to two patches now, one half meg one and a 90 meg one. I'll play when it's up as it's installed on my pc :)

Advertisement