Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone at NTL know what's happening at NTL?

• 28-04-2003 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Rang customer services this morning to find out why Sky Cinema is missing from cable analogue in Galway for more than a month, and was promptly told that all the movie channels were no longer available on analogue, and I'd have to upgrade to digital. I told him that I had in fact just been watching Sky Premier, and he tried to convince me that I must have had already upgraded.

Then he backtracked and said Sky Sports had been dumped off analogue, and again, I said I still had the channels. Then he tried to convince me I was a multilink customer (I never gave him my address).

Anyway, he eventually admitted he wasn't sure what the situation was with Galway. I asked him to check, and he couldn't clarify it, but said that Sports would go first in June and Sky Movies later in the year from analogue.

Next question, is UK Gold joining the digital platform. "Oh yes, it'll be on in May or June, along with seven other channels", I asked him if it was definite, and had a comntract been signed, and again he backtracked and said NTL were still in negotiations. He added that "technical difficulties" had prevented the six music channels - added to Dublin's line-up last August - being added in Galway, and then couldn't guarantee that the new channels in May/June would be available in Galway.

Five minutes ago, I rang a Sky Digital installer who dropped a brochure in my door over the weekend. He's coming on Friday to install my mini-dish. Goodbye NTL.

P.S. I have an FTV card on the way from the North too.

Advertisement