Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of small question i hope u can answer

Options
  • 28-04-2003 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Hi all, im usually very quiet on the IOL thread but at this stage i was to get a few question answered ( hopefully)

Ok so the background story is the following,

A work collegue who lives in collmine has a fone line in his home, eircom say no sorry u can't get ADSL, So i said to him ask ESAT, and low and behold esat say yea when would u like it installed, ( however he's now going with the VIA deal),

now my questions are

1. Why did eircom reject his application and esat accept it

2. Where is the exchange located in Blanchardstown

the main reason's i wish to know are that im considering gettin the line istalled with L33chcom and waiting the 2 weeks for it to apperar on the system and then gettin them to test it but i'd perfer not to waste the money if i had a good idea it wasn't goin to pass.

Anyway if any of smart folks can give me answer that would be cool

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

If the line fails the Eircom test then it won't pass the VIA test. So unless things have changed in the last week or so, VIA require the line to be passed by Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭Serbian

Why did his line fail the Eircom test? Who knows. Ask the dozens of other people on Boards who's line fails the test despite being within a few hundred meters of the exchange.

We had a similar experience in work a few months back. We asked Eircom if we could get DSL and they told us that rats had chewed through our line and our line quality isn't good enough. We then went to ESAT and asked them if we could get it, and naturally, they said, "Of Course!". We then went back to Eircom and told them that ESAT have agreed to install DSL. They rang us back within the hour telling us our line had suddenly passed.

This all went during about a weeks period, and for the previous month we had to dial up over ISDN for internet access. The bill was in the thousands anyway, so this might answer why we originally couldn't get DSL from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

thanks guys these were the kinda answers i was expectin back anyway...however i'd still love to know where the exchange is in blanck i live in college gate in castleknock,which i right bestide the college so i u could give em some info on dat it would be cool

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

It's at the shopping centre (just off the red car park).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

feck, whats da bets dat over 5 KM from me...well thanks for the help guys i guess im just gonn have to take the plunge and get the line installed 1st

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

>> Why did eircom reject his application and esat accept it

cause Eircom check the line, esat just check the exchange... :ninja:

Advertisement