Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DreamCast

Options
  • 28-04-2003 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I keep hearing people say how they just picked up a DreamCast and loadsa games for under 30 quid.
    Can anyone tell me where I could possibly do this :)
    And what games they'd recommend :)
    Thanks
    - Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

In Britain second hand DreamCasts cost £25 in Game. Thats where I got mine. As for games, there was this dodgy guy in Game the day i bought the DC who sold me and Mills about 90 games for £20. Still havent played loads of them :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Dave, I'll sell you my DC with fifteen games and two controllers for a mere €700

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

People who sell DreamCasts make baby jebus cry.

Anyway, games:

Soul Calibur
    Phantasy Star Online
    Jet Set Radio
    MSR
    Rez
    Virtua Tennis (1 or 2, they're pretty much identical)
    Crazy Taxi
    Sonic Adventure
    Skies Of Arcadia
    Marvel Vs Capcom
    Chu Chu Rocket

Some people like Daytona, but they're mad and wrong. If you're looking for sports games, Sega's NBA and NFL games are good, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 is out for it. There's no decent football games on it though.

Of course, Dreamcast games are like golddust now so good luck finding anything apart from the likes of 90 Minutes in shops. Buy&Sell and Ebay are the only way to go, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

DC's are great. It's a bastard to find the games but when you do they can be very cheap. I need a credit card so i can start using e-bay.

I for one adore Daytona. Many are put off the hyper-sensitive steering but when you unlock the really slidey fast cars its perfect.

I'm hoping to pick up a load of SNK games like Mark of Wolves, Last Blade, Kof 2002 when I get a chance. A few solid shooters like Mars Matrix, Ikaruga, Cosmic Smash and Bangai-O would be nice too. I also need Street Fighter 3.. the list goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

There is a second had shop near me that has loads and loads of games for the DC all cheap as well. If you all tell me what title you are after I can take a look next time im in and post them to who ever wants ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Don't know if I could part with my dreamcast, I still rate it higher than my PS2, but I am buying a house, so what do you think this would be worth ?

Dreamcast, 2 controllers, 1 VMU, 1 Mouse, 1 Keyboard, Scart Lead.. (Original boxes for all).....

Games : Shenmue, Virtua Striker 2, Ferrari F355, MSR, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Quake 3, Virtua Tennis, MDK2, Sega Bass Fishing, 18 Wheel Trucker, Jet Set Radio, Uefa Striker, 4 WheelThunder, Ready 2 Rumble, PowerStone, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive 2, Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider 4, The Nomad Soul, Shadowman, NBA Something or Other, Sega GT, Sega Rally 2, House of the Dead 2 (plus lightgun - original packaging), Toy Racer, Vanishing Point, Wild Metal

(about 7 demo discs and Mags)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

25 euro maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Why Tusky, I ought smak you upside the ass biatch. Worth a lot more than that. Nope think I'll hang onto it anyway. I've never sold a console in my life (unfortunately this means I have about 12 of the buggers cluttering up the place and never get to play them because it's too much hassle to set em up !)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lads, sell stuff on the For Sale board and link to it from here. You'll probably get a better response anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's worth more to you to keep it. Those games are very common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"Games : Shenmue, Virtua Striker 2, Ferrari F355, MSR, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Ecco the Dolphin, Quake 3, Virtua Tennis, MDK2, Sega Bass Fishing, 18 Wheel Trucker, Jet Set Radio, Uefa Striker, 4 WheelThunder, Ready 2 Rumble, PowerStone, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive 2, Legacy of Kain, Tomb Raider 4, The Nomad Soul, Shadowman, NBA Something or Other, Sega GT, Sega Rally 2, House of the Dead 2 (plus lightgun - original packaging), Toy Racer, Vanishing Point, Wild Metal"

It's a damn shame that console failed with a lineup like that though - is it not? Man... makes me depressed just thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I sold mine for €150 last month, i ripped the unsuspecting guy off. I told him its just as popular as the ps2. Shenmue rocked except for his housekeeper, fuk she was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i sold my dc with ferrari355, sonic adventure, sould calibur, msr, shenmue, code veronica, virtua tennis, sega rally, vf3, chu chu crap and cant even remember what else for 100 quid irish
    i hated the thing, and had a good night out on the money :)

Advertisement