Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is this song???

Options
  • 28-04-2003 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I heard a song on Phantom FM yesterday morning at about half 9. The song was just a singer and guitarist (not a fantastic voice, broke up quite a bit, but very charming) and the song was like his life story with a line about each significant moment. Can't remember all the lyrics, just started with him as an 8 year old sitting on a milk crate and finished with him been 128 and sitting on the milk crate again. I really like it but dont have a clue who it was, any help on artist/song would be excellent.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

The song is "When i was 4" by Michael Hedges.
    very cool song. thank Karma Kabbage though, she told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tenaciousdave

thanks Karma Kabbage who/what/where ever you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Karma Kabbege is more a fame of mind then a person..... well i've been saying that for years... still doesn't get her to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just to fill in the blanks the song is called back when I was 4 but its by Jeffrey Lewis :)

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

this song must have been asked at least 10 times over the year (and i wass the first person to ask it) if i didnt have to study for an exam i'd drag up all the threads asking what this song was but i ahve a life (thats why im on the internet writing all this crap out :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Jeffrey Lewis....he's great. Saw him in the Cobblestones in January...I think. He's a fantastic, quirky performer. You can get an album by him on Rough Trade, called, 'The Last Time I Did Acid, I Went Insane'. He played with The Moldy Peaches that night and my god, did they depress the f*ck out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

i shall never be silenced... me or my state of mind!

erm yeah...wasn't so sure of the singer, had the title alright. it's such a great song though

Advertisement