Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking - The requirements of opening an account??(Ulster Bank)

Options
  • 28-04-2003 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello folks, Could one of you more enlightened people let me know what sort of documentation is required for opening a new account?

What are peoples experiances of Ulster Bank.

Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

1. A current passport or full driving license
    2. A recent household bill, such as ESB, gas or telephone

Some branchs require you to make an appointment, to open an account. Dont know about UB. Give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by xlex
    What are peoples experiances of Ulster Bank.
    [/B]

My exeriences ove a long number of years have been good. Some comments here and here

Others may have a different view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

You probably know already but make sure you go for the standard current account. U-First has a minimum of 8 euro per quarter (or was that month?).

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

My local AIB bank require that your employer has an account in that bank too or that you get paid directly into your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by hamster
    You probably know already but make sure you go for the standard current account. U-First has a minimum of 8 euro per quarter (or was that month?).

€8 per month. It's a useless account. The "travel discount" is sh1t, i've gotten quotes off them a few times before and I could always get cheaper off gohop!

And you get 10% off a few over-priced restaurants. The only good thing is a small discount on loan interest rates.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    €8 per month. It's a useless account. The "travel discount" is sh1t, i've gotten quotes off them a few times before and I could always get cheaper off gohop!

And you get 10% off a few over-priced restaurants. The only good thing is a small discount on loan interest rates.

Yep, again...make sure you go for the standard current account. I had some hassle convincing the spokesman that it did exist besides the U-first one. I referred him to their own Ulster website. Oh hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Make sure you can get plasitc * with your current a/c

Plastic : A licence to shop.

*credit card that is.

Actually da ya know if their 24 hour-online banking facility is an extra charge if you sign up to that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You're talking about a bank old boy.

Of course it costs extra.

Of course it costs extra.

Are you sure? With AIB it's "free". ie you are already being charged for standard transactions etc. :(

How much extra do they charge you, assuming you're with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by hamster
    Actually da ya know if their 24 hour-online banking facility is an extra charge if you sign up to that?
    AFAIK its free to personal customers, its EUR15 per month to business customers.

De Rebel,

Thanks for that piece o' info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I'm with AIB and their i-net/fone banking doesnt cost me any extra to use, however you are still charged 30c for paper/in-branch transactions and 20c for automated transactions

direct debits, standing orders and online transfers all count as automated transactions

bizarely if i transfer money from 1 of my a/cs to another usoing online banking i am charged 20c for transfering it from the source a/c and another 20c for receiving it in the destination a/c

Originally posted by dmeehan

bizarely if i transfer money from 1 of my a/cs to another usoing online banking i am charged 20c for transfering it from the source a/c and another 20c for receiving it in the destination a/c

Yep. Good example of transaction charging maddness. That's sort of transaction is a double charge.

Advertisement