Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint 2000 save as html

Options
  • 28-04-2003 4:38pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

I've powerpoint 2000 and want to save the presentation as html. What I don't want is the horrible icky frames thing it does. I want it to look like the way powerpoint 97 saved stuff.

Is there any option I can turn on to do this? I haven't found one yet.

Or is there a converter out there I can get to strip out all the crap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

AFAIK No

But you could get the Source code and do it your self with a text editor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Q. How many microsoft technicians does it take to change a light bulb ?

A. None - they just define Darkness as a new industry standard.

===========================================
    Check in tools - options - save - in case there is a disable features box.. (Or File - Save as - 97 format with a new name and try to publish it ??)

I don't think you could have PP97 on the same machine too - 'cos that would be too easy....

'course it might not be possible - remember the mess they made with RTF in word a while back.

There is always www.openoffice.org - default format is XML - not sure if it will cross convert the way you want it to

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    I don't think you could have PP97 on the same machine too - 'cos that would be too easy....
    No, you can definitely do that. The only Office app you can't have two or more versions of installed at one time is Outlook. It would make sense to install 97 first, if only so double-clicking in Explorer will open in 2000 by default. Not that big a deal though. Change the install folder name to "Office 97" or something though.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I do have both versions of powerpoint on my machine, but this is all part of something bigger and it's not an idea solution. Also, open office isn't really an option as some of the people that this is for stead fastly refuse to use anything apart from Office.

No joy in the tools->options menu either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bottom line.
    The corporate address is "one microsoft way" - which means if you send in a letter of complaint they can claim you are acknowlegding the fact that you can only use their products in the way they allow you to not the way you want or expect to.

========================================

Tools - Options - General - Web Options (for others reading this thread)

=========================================

I take it you have removed slide controls etc.
    Rely on VML ? (to force a different format)

Don't forget to turn off FAST SAVE while you are looking at options.

When publishing as web page - I take it you have tried to set to IE3 or higher - again to change the format a little..

Anyway csounds like as much fun as you'd have with different versions of Access.
    IMHO office (haven't bothered with XP) is still not an integrated package (Maybe you could try XP (hah! - as if that'd work) also if using office 2000 I take it you have installed everything from the CD except that bloody symantic fax starter edition.

(hmmm.. note to self: must get 4.3 and apply the long file name patch for word. )

=================================

http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/ - has downloads for viewers & conveters to older versions of PP - but you'd probably still have to use PP97 to save as...

If you are dealing with users who only want to use office products, tell them that M$ have 90% of the market even though they charge many times the price of other suites (lotus etc.) and that this is even when there is free software out there that will do much of the functionality. ie. M$ attitude is take or leave it, or promise the feature will be in the next version (if you buy it)

• Advertisement
Advertisement