Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinn Ri?

• 28-04-2003 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I have interview with Dinn Ri this week does anyone work there?
    Whats it like?

What is entailed with the jobs:

Glass Collector
    Cloak Room assistant????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Yeah I worked there, it's ****in horrible! And the pay is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

Whats the pay?
    Why is it crap?

Originally posted by kegan5
    Whats the pay?
    Why is it crap?

Well drunk people are a pain in the ass when you, yourself aren't drunk. The pay is minium wage, with no experience whether or not you are over 18. Do you have any experience? What age are you ?

21, small amount of experience not a lot though!

Well McDonalds pay less than minimum wage so it cant be as bad as that!

Well are you in college? And do you intend on keeping the job during the year if so?

• Advertisement

yeah I'm in college, I think If I get it I'm gonna do part-time up to exams then go full time to get more dosh then if they wont give me time of for hols just pack it in!

pm me your email and i'll send ya a reply as im in the middle of some major work at the moment will ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

21, small amount of experience not a lot though!

Well McDonalds pay less than minimum wage so it cant be as bad as that!

i would be really surprised if mcdonalds pay less than the minimum wage.
    if oyu have proof, please feel free to post up here, otherwise dont make of the cuff remarks about. we dont want to be sued for libel...

No, I'm not making that up!

My boyf worked there for a short amount of time and they pay something like €5.00, min is around €6.20 ish?

Anyway apparently they can do this, (They gave a reason) I cant remember though... if I do I'll post it here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I don't think minimum wage applies to part time work. If anyone knows different feel free to correct me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

No, I'm not making that up!

My boyf worked there for a short amount of time and they pay something like €5.00, min is around €6.20 ish?

Anyway apparently they can do this, (They gave a reason) I cant remember though... if I do I'll post it here!

in all fairness, when i left ireland 2 years ago, mcdonalds were offering £5.50 an hour, so i find it hard to believe that they are now offering less, and in euros.

i dont know about the law for part-time work. i seem to recall a minimum wage for them as well, or it could have been something about the difference between part-time and full time contracts. i cant remember.

but still, if you are uncertain, you can post up as an opinion, but try not to accuse people or companies of something unless you have something to back it up. just dont want boards.ie getting into trouble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

White Whash Man its true I work in the **** hole of McDonalds. They pay less than minimum wage 5.50 start of then 5.97 after a while.Its completely illegal part-time or full time the minimum wage is the same by law 6.35 an hour whih i think has risen since january to 6.50

http://www.entemp.ie/erir/mnwgoct02.pdf

if u go full time at Dinn Ri what are the usual hours?
    And Part-Time?...cloakroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This is the law: :D

What are the circumstances allowed to an employer to pay less than €6.35 per working hour in a pay reference period?

Employee Minimum Hourly Rate of Pay:
    *Experienced adult worker €6.35 per working hour
    *Under age 18: €4.45 per working hour
    * In the first year after the date of first employment over age 18, whether or not the employee changes employer during the year:
    €5.08 per working hour
    * In the second year after the date of first employment over age 18, whether or not the employee changes employer during the year: €5.72 per working hour
    *In a course of training or study over age 18, undertaken in normal working hours:
    1st one third period €4.76
    2nd one third period €5.08
    3rd one third period €5.72
    (NB Each one third period must be at east one month and no longer than twelve months)
    *Experienced adult worker named by the Labour Court in granting a temporary exemption to an employer from paying €6.35 per working hour
    (NB. Minimum period of temporary exemption is 3 months and maximum period is 12 months Labour Court will decide the lower
    hourly rate of pay that the employee must be paid for the period of the temporary exemption)
    * Only employment experience acquired after age 18 is taken into account for these rates. Employment experience prior to age 18 does not count.

Advertisement