Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who should liverpool buy??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

There is reports now that Cisse is going to make a personal plea to Roux to allow him to leave Auxerre.

I can see this one going on for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

5 million for Cheryou would be a nice one all right and cover some of the fee for Kewell.

Duno what to think of the Cisse speculation. I'd say it's all paper talk that he's going to stay at Auxerre. With clubs like Liverpool, AC Milan and Juve after you you have to think abouut. I reckon it's all paper talk after he scored in the cup final. (I hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Why would you want to get rid of Cheyrou???
    Granted under Hou he might not make it on the first team but I believe him to be a solid player with a lot of potential for next season - provided Hou gives him a chance. He's a pacy attacking left midfielder, just what Liverpool are 'supposedly' missing.
    I can't understand how he didn't feature more last season!!

Just read on the Liverpool website that Arpexhad and Diomede are being released at the end of this month.

Also read an article with Cisse saying that he still dreams of joining Liverpool. He said he definatley wants out of Auxerre. Question is will Roux want to keep a player that doesn't want to play there anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

This Cisse thing is really confusing,no one is sure whats happening. It could be any of:

-Roux wanting to appear to the fans that he fought for Cisse before leaving him go to Anfield.

-Roux wanting more money.

-Cisse pretending to want to move to Liverpool to drum up interest to move to a different club
    etc etc.

Anyway it would be great for Liverpool If they can bring in the players to provide service for him.No matter how good you are you need the service.Michael Owen scored 30 goals in what is meant to be a bad season for him where he got no service - imagine what would it would be like if he had a strike partner of equal quality and got the service (from the wings of through the centre it doesnt matter - he needs service).

Anywy personally i think that Liverpool should offer the 12m + give Auxerre Le Tallec and Sinama-Pongolle for a year or two on load, It might help cushion the blow for the Auxerre fans and also Liverpool were/are (whichever) going to leave them at Le Harve for another year to develop more - why not do it at a higher level at Auxerre.

I'd say Cisse will leave Auxerre if they don't let him go. What are the reprecussions of that sort of action?

Looks like Kewell could have put himself out of signing for anybody but Leeds with his outrageous wage demands of 72K a week.

That puts Kewell in line for a move out of England if anything else. He will probably hold out until his contract finishes - so he will either be free, or offloaded by Leeds in desperation to get some money for him (unless he signs a new contract).

Cisse moving could have parallels with Van Hoydonk a few years ago. None of his team mates wanted to play alongside him and it all got rather messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

The appointment of Christian Damiano as first team coach should see a change in the playing style at Liverpool - his emphasis has always been on technique. Is it more than coincidence that in the two years that Jacques Crevoisier had the job that the first team made little or no progress and if anything went backwards?

Christian Damiano set to join Liverpool

Hopefully his arrival will also lead the way for Finnan and possibly Malbranque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Kewell says Bayern Munich, amongst others, are interested in him. He definitely won't be playing in England with those wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boomsong says he's not interested in moving away from Auxerre for the sake of it....its all looking rather thin on top at the moment :(

Mike.

• Advertisement

Cisse is still first choice but there is a few reports saying Sonny Anderson of Lyon is being lined up as an alternative.

I know he used to play for Barca but is he good enough? He should probably be cheaper than Cisse so it could leave a little more money for a Duff offer.

Reports are saying that Hakin Yakin is close to a move to Liverpool. I would love to see this player come in and always said it ever since he showed the Reds up in the CL.

Kewell has said that those wage demands were taken out of context by the papers.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Kewell says Bayern Munich, amongst others, are interested in him. He definitely won't be playing in England with those wages.
    A move abroad would have implications for his wife's acting career.

From a liverpool fans message board:

"finann - announced 1st july
    cisse - personal terms and fee agreed
    kewell - personal terms agreed and a prelim medical (but gh is waiting on duff)
    "

He say's the two sources are his most reliable. One is from inside Anfield the other from the media and knows Kewell personally.

Don't believe everything you read in message boards:D
    Hope it's true though.

Originally posted by Bannor
    From a liverpool fans message board:

"finann - announced 1st july
    cisse - personal terms and fee agreed
    kewell - personal terms agreed and a prelim medical (but gh is waiting on duff)
    "

He say's the two sources are his most reliable. One is from inside Anfield the other from the media and knows Kewell personally.

Finnan is supposed to be signing at the start of next month.

Cisse may or not not go - wouldn't believe that things about terms agreed just yet.

Kewell story is still up in the air and I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

Still not enough though. I really wana see Yakin play for Liverpool next season.

Yakin may cost even less than 750k, Celtic are also supposed to be looking at him.

Why would the price be so low? is he near the end of his contract?

I heard that price mentioned but that was last xmas when the transfer window reopened. Duno why the figure was so low. I just hope that if he comes he will form a good partnership with Stevie G and not be another flop. I thought he was excellent in the CL. I wonder is there something more to that price tag???:(

Stam is the latest name to go into the rumour mill. Apparently there will be bids from Newcastle, Liverpool or Arsenal. He hasn't had wages in 6 months and is available for about 4 months. Think Liverpool would be last of those three clubs that he would sign for, without have a CL place and all that.

On the plus side the rumours of Yakin are getting stronger. Apparently the price tag is something to do with his contract.

• Advertisement

Yes there is a buy out clause in his contract and all that is is 750k. Seems outragous for a player that has proved himself so well but my way of thinking was that it was probably put in place before they knew what an impact he'd make.

Also Le Tallac is desperate to move to Merseyside before next season and he is confidant he can prove himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

There are a few reports on various web-site and boards that Duff anf Finnan will meet GH and Liverpool reps in the Berkley next Tuesday or Wed can't remember exactly.

Also there is an old head coming in. But no idea who it is.

And Yakin at 750K apparently is to good to pass espically with the lack of creativity in the centre of midfield.

All talk. But fun. everything in nonsense until you see them on TV in a press conferance.

B

I reckon an injury free berger will be one of the best players in the premiership next season. Well, maybe best players is a bit of an exageration - an excellent buy for a fantasy football team at the very least.

Why do we spend so long rehabilitating players like Berger, Redknapp, Babbel, Jones (rob, if anyone can remember him playing) only for them to be never actually used properly again. I guess it's an honour thing or a sense of duty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

wait until the internationals are over, and the spanish league is over, then the fun begins with all the transfers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

Sky Sports News this morning confirmed Finnan has agreed to sign for Liverpool and the deal should go through tomorrow!

Saw a piece on the Liverpool website that Seedorf is know linked with Liverpool. Duno how through it is though.

Also Yakin's agent has cofirmed that they have spoken to Celtic about the player. After his performance on Saturday against Russia I really want GH to sign him. The scouts were over checking out Henchoz's performance after injury but that could also be an excuse to eye up and chat up Yakin. I'd say it's now a case of which club he chooses.

• Advertisement

Fulham are also interested in Yakin, I'd like to think that pool would be his preference. Think he had a hand in both Swiss goals.

The Seedorf rumours say that he is a possible replacement for Hamann, who may be going to Bayern or Barca. Is he definitely leaving? and is it his instigation or GHs'. Anyone know?

It's more of a case that Munich want him back and Hamann is saying he is happy at Liverpool but I don't think he is and that's telling in recent performances.

Anyone hear 'You'll never walk alone' been played before the Irish game on Saturday and it was all Duffer's doing:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I think that the you'll never walk alone was deliberate wind up by Duff on Saturday, I don't think Duff will be going anywhere this Summer, not to Man Utd or to Liverpool. Not once has Alex Ferguson come out and say he'd like to sign Duff and as far as I know Houllier is the same. Its just all paper talk. Liverpool will need the Champions league money to finance the purchase of Duff( whats been Houlliers biggest spend, think it was 11ish million for hesky Diouf, its going to take a minimum of 15 milllion to have any chance of signing Duff), and Ferguson will give giggs one last year at United before he makes any changes to the left wing.

Originally posted by p.pete
    The Seedorf rumours say that he is a possible replacement for Hamann, who may be going to Bayern or Barca. Is he definitely leaving? and is it his instigation or GHs'. Anyone know?
    The club has been trying to find a buyer for Hamann since Christmas. He has publicly stated that he has two years left on his contract at the club and that he won't be extending it. If the club want to get money for him then now is the time.

Looks like Cisse is resigned to staying at Auxerre for one reason - that they won't let him go. But he did say that he is determined to play for Liverpool sometime. It's a pity that AJA won't let him go, why keep a player when they are so set on playing elsewhere. So if he doesn't make the move Heskey will probably be staying :(

Anyone know how long is left on his contract there?

• Advertisement

Does that mean Sonny Anderson is now a target? how highly is he rated?

Duno are they still going ahead with that option due to his huge wage demands. Anderson only has two or three (tops) years left in him anyhow so I wouldn't want him at the club.

Apart from last year's signing GH is trying to rebuild a club that can consistantly challenge at the top level and not just win the League and then disintegrate like Blackburn did, so going along with that philosophy I would paint Anderson out of the picture.

I have no idea how old he is or what his wages are but it would be good for some of the strikers that we already have to play alongside someone with a bit of experience for a year or two.

We already have a very young squad and I don't think it can be enhanced too much more at present by buying younger players. Fair enough Cisse is quite young but it would still be a good idea to get one or two more mature people in there.

While we're on the subject of experience, I just came across this . Supposedly Liverpool have bid for Sabri Lamuochi. I never heard of him before. He's 31 and he's French but how good is he. One worrying factor is that he is 31 and alot of people I have been talking to have never heard of him.

Damn planetfootball website is blocked by my company - will try find info through google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

Bayern doesn't want Hamann back. They are very well positioned in that area, and def. won't buy him.

They bought already a new Argentinian defender (Demichelis), and are currently trying to get the new 19 year old wonderkid from Argentine. His name Tevez from Boca Juniors. Furthermore they are intrested in the 18 year old Robinho form FC Santos.

But the main target for Bayern is Roy Makaay from La Coruna, and they will put all their transfer money on him. That's about 15-20 million Euro.

Sabri Lamuochi is captain with Parma, that isn't as good a feat as it used to be but he's probably decent enough. Not sure why we would need him either though

From talking to lads on the Liverpool message boards they reckon he is a substitute move for Yakin in case it doesn't come through. I would prefer Yakin definately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by jonno
    Looks like Cisse is resigned to staying at Auxerre for one reason - that they won't let him go. But he did say that he is determined to play for Liverpool sometime. It's a pity that AJA won't let him go, why keep a player when they are so set on playing elsewhere. So if he doesn't make the move Heskey will probably be staying :(

Anyone know how long is left on his contract there?

2007 if i recall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I get insider updates from Koptalk every few days or so...here's today's one...
    Well, it looks like time is fast running out for the signing of Haka Yakin due to a contract stipulation which states he has to transfer by June 15th or else stay with his current club. If this transfer is to go through then it has to be wrapped up this week.
    Also, Houlier is currently trying to bring in an "old head" to add experience to the team. This old head is either going to be a French player currently playing in the Italian league (either Lamouchi? or Thuram?) or a Dutch player (probably Stam). So expect one of these three to be signed during the summer.
    I don't particularly want any of these guys to sign for us. What d'yis think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

According to todays report on PlanetFootball, it seems Juventus and Inter Milan are also keen on signing Sabri Lamouchi though he'd prefer a move to England.

Out of all those mentioned above the only one I would liek to see sign is Yakin. I think he would be a great addition to the squad and maybe the link we needed between midfield and strikers.

The defence is solid IMO as long as Traore isn't playing. But with the arrival of Finnan and with Vignal coming back GH have another two wingbacks to choose from. Maybe now Carra will be kept for centre half back up.

I'm worried that we think Yakin is better than he actually is. He's played for a load of different teams, has never settled. If he's that good a player then why is nobody else trying to sign him ?

Celtic and I think Blackburn are also interested in him. I kind of agree with you though. These are all teams who lost to his team this season - how good is he in non glamour league games and does he have any other achievements. I had never heard of him before this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    I'm worried that we think Yakin is better than he actually is. He's played for a load of different teams, has never settled. If he's that good a player then why is nobody else trying to sign him ?

You could have argued the same point baout Robbie Keane.
    Is he any good?

Well I doubt Inter Milan were ever interested in Yakin! Yeah Robbie's moved around, because teams were willing to fork out millions for his signature. Yakin's moved for half-nothing from mediocre team to mediocre team. Big difference. BTW I'm including Basle in that category.

Well the only other players we have to fill the role are Cheryou and Le Tallac. So maybe he wouldn't be a great addition to the squad but he might work in a wide right position too. I duno just speculating here seen as how GH isn't looking for a wide right player

Yep, the fact that he has moved around a lot doesn't really tell us anything (as was your point sykeirl). Keane moved from club to club in a David Platt kind of way but Yakin on the other hand?

Switzerland are doing well at the moment - or at least they are in a poor qualifying group and look good and also Basle had a good season last year which always helps to put him in the shop window.

We are supposed to be looking for two or three players that have proved themselves over the longterm, not players who look good in one or two matches, for example Djiouf and Diao when beating France (I am aware they were on their way to pool before that, and with youth you can't really trace careers back several years).

Kewell would be good in that position but unfortunately he is playing a game to see how much money he can get - he'll probably go to utd, get loads of death threats and then quietly exit to somewhere like Blackburn or Everton in a season or two (that is of course if he stays in England).

Why has GH not put in a bid for Brett Emerton for the right side. I've seen him a few times and he's not bad. He's strong, really quick and he's got skillz. We can't leave Smicer or Diouf out there all season ! Anyone else we should be looking at ?

• Advertisement

There is reports saying that Liverpool are hijacking a lot of Marseilles transfers in the French league
    http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=37622

They have targeted Mickael Essien, Benoit Pedretti, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Sonny Anderson, Didier Drogba and Djibril Cisse. Liverpool have been interested in most of these and apparently it is driving the prices up in France.

Apart from the obvious (GH is French as is most of the staff) why are we targeting so many French based players? Sure it's cheaper but if they were that good then the French league would be better than it is.

Advertisement