Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alienware Pc's

• 28-04-2003 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

right erm i was thinking of getting one of these but my budget is a bit strict and i was wondering does any1 have a alienware system with the Video Performance Optimizer on it. Is is any good or is it a waste of money of be it 27 euros.

Also their Video Cooling would i need this if i was to purchase the machine with a ATI radeon 9000 64mb card (Got a geforce4 already?)

any comments will be greatly accepted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Build.

Your.

Own.

Far far cheaper for a similar performance machine if specc'd properly.
    Getyourself a good case instead with a raid array :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i wouldn't be the best to build my own pc tbh and i like them new cases alienware are coming out with ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

You do know that a ATI 9000 is a rather dire graphics card don't you? At the same level as the equally rubbish GF4MX cards. Avoid both and get a GF4ti4200/4600 or ATI 9500pro/9700pro as your budget allows. Then again if you are on a budget why buy an expensive brand? Doesn't make much sense!

well i have enough to buy the machine it's just i'm cutting a corner with the gfx card i already have a gf4 ti4200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can get a much better spec PC if you build it yourself, or get someone else to build it (like someone from the boards, or a PC savvy friend).

Really. Alienware PCs are grand, but very much overpriced.

Instead of spending a whole lot of money on a PC with bad graphics (you *will* notice this in games), just spend less and get a better system. There's a lot of nice cases out there... Does it have to be the Alienware one?

• Advertisement

http://www.alienware.co.uk/Sub_Pages/alienware_case.aspx

check them out their the best case i've ever seen imo

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    http://www.alienware.co.uk/Sub_Pages/alienware_case.aspx

check them out their the best case i've ever seen imo

Its a nice looking case alright. But its light on real features. Definately more style than substance. That said if I was loaded I'd have no problem with buying one. But I like to know how quiet the system was, as I have a real issue with noisy PC's. I reckon a case like the Antec Sonata has more real features, but admittedly its a bit of a plain jane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well just so you know the case aint that good . im sure ull find another one ud prefear. like comon

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Are you nuts!!!

The words Alienware & Budget do not belong in the same sentence (except this one).

You cannot be on a budget amd buy one of their PCs. Head over to www.elara.ie.

You pick all your own components and they build it for you!!!

You'll save a bunch.

I love Alienware PC's too but its the same as buying a car. You could buy a BMW but for less money you could buy a Subaru Impressa WRX which would wipe the floor with the Beemer.

Sure, you might get the BMW some day but you might as well wait until you can afford to get every extra without evern checking your bank account!!!!

Just for the record, I hate those Subaru's so don't turn this into an argument about how the BMW is better. Its just an example.:)

I built a PC on Alienware the other day and the total cost was €6,500. I won't buy off them until I can afford that PC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Alienware are a ripoff.

I just priced their cheapest system and it was over €2000, and best of all, delivery was estimated at €92.39.

• Advertisement

Definately for those with money>sense. Cr3m0 you buy the parts and I'll build the PC for you for a fraction of a cost those guys would and it would be a heck of a lot faster too!

right i've taken your advice and i thank you all for replying i'm now going to buy the components from komplett and then get a friends bro to make the pc

Advertisement