Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win 98 creates partition

• 28-04-2003 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

was just reinstalling win 98, & it created a new 15meg partition labelled ghostboot, i was just wondering what was up with that. its weird for it to be creating a random partition for itself yes?
    is there any way to find which partition it robbed the space from?

whats the best way to rid myself of this new unwanted partition without any reformatting?
    i presume partition magic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

FDISK
    Option 3 (Delete partition)
    Option 4 (Delete non dos partition)
    Something like that anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

cheers. will i loose that space or wil it be assigned to another partition? i no its not big, but its a pain to loose space 4 no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The space would be lost but if you wanted to resize your other partition with the 15 megs then use partition magic. Be very careful though as it's easy to do something 'wrong' :o

Advertisement