Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax Q

Options
  • 29-04-2003 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭

I have to get new tax this week for my car. I can't find my insurance cert. Is it possible to get a copy from the Insurance broker? (I'm assuming its possible, but with a hefty doc fee)

Anyone know?

- Dave.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Yes, it is possible to get a duplicate.
    No, they should not* charge you.

*Well I was not charged when I needed a duplicate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I got one free too off church and general. Why would they charge you extra, they are probably taking between 400-5000 yoyo's off you per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Same thing happened to me a while back. Got a duplicate no problem and was not charged. I distinctly remeber not being charged as I would have told them to fúck off after paying nearly a €1000 on insurance that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks guys, good to know. (Saves me from tearing my room apart tonight, or worse still, tidying it!)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

You dont really need insurance if you have the tax book, just go in to the tax office and tlel them you have a car parked up for modifying and that the cops are wrecking your head to tax it so thats what you want to do now cause you have no driveway to your house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement