Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most comfortable joypad?

Options
  • 29-04-2003 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Well, which joypad do you find has been most comfortable through out all your gaming? :)

Id have to say the N64 pad for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Dreamcast innit yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭deathcube ^_^

dreamcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the sega saturn's was great for beat em up's and i found it very comfortable
    the worst was the atari jaguar the size of that thing ffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

id have to go with the gamecube controller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

dreamcast controller was the best for me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

probably gonna get destroyed for this .....but the xbox controller (not the new smaller one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

what is wrong with the original playstation joypad or even the dualshock ones?? i stick by them, followed by n64, gamecube and mega drive......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by mooman_00
    what is wrong with the original playstation joypad or even the dualshock ones?? i stick by them, followed by n64, gamecube and mega drive......
    ugh, easily the worst joypads out there!
    the analogue controls just dont feel natural & i have a constant layer of skin missing from my left thumb thanks to the crappy diagonal-less dpad:mad:

gamecube all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Never liked any joypads myself. I still have a good megadrive 3-button joystick, thats really comfy and works like a dream, even after nearly 15 years!

I'm a keyboards/mouse kinda guy at heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like the gamecube pads, followed by the dual shock PS ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

gamecube then N64 then dreamcast maybe allthough i found it a bit blocky, but gamecube is definally the most cumfy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yah mon, the aul gamecube tops my list. The N64 one comes close, but the dodgy aneloge stick sets it back a bit.
    Although the Atari 2600 joystick did take well to general roughness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my favourite pre analogue controller would have to be the snes one, pure quality:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

DreamCast

and although not technically a "joypad" as a "joystick" was the 3-button arcade beast for the Sega MegaDrive. God how I love it! It still serves me faithfully after all these years! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

1. Gamecube
    2. PS2
    3. N64

4. Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

DualShock is the most comfortable for most games, but due to the way I hold the controller for fighting games (and the fact that the D-Pad is rubbish on DualShock), I need a larger pad and the Dreamcast suits perfectly. The analog Saturn controller was much the same as the Dreamcast, and it was really good too.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The GC pad would be perfect if it weren't for the quirky face button layout but If you get a good arcade stick for fighters (which is the only way one should play them anyway) then it's the best pad for everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

For certain games the N64 Pad is great but then it falls wowfully short for other games that werent disigned for it.

Although the generic PS controll pad has left me with bunion type things I find that with 8 button 10 if you include the start/select button and analog in there to boot with extra buttons on the analog. The PS controller has to be the best all round controller of all time.

Although give me a mouse and keyboard any day of the week.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I love the Gamecube ones. I love them so much I also insert it into my anus and keep ground pounding in super mario sunshine.

[edit] apart from the Z button, which is Sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Gamecube.

I actually like the 'quirky face button layout' - your thumb never has to leave that all important A button.

• Advertisement

Its so typical. Nintendo die hards and there are alot out will always waffel on about Nintendo products even tho for years they have been inferior.

I mean Nintendo could release a Machine that leaked Lizards and a controll pad that had fire ants on it and some Nintendo freak would still buy it and say its the business. (rant!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Playstation 2 - nyom.
    Didn't like the N64 controllers at all... Dreamcast ones aren't bad tho.
    I got one of those usb joypad bridges so I can use a PS2 joypad on my PC... oh joy! :D

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Playstation 2 - nyom.
    Didn't like the N64 controllers at all... Dreamcast ones aren't bad tho.
    I got one of those usb joypad bridges so I can use a PS2 joypad on my PC... oh joy! :D

How much was that bridge and where can I puchase such an item. I thought they be only legand ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

The PlayStation controller has to be the worsted. It’s the only controller with long use that fecks up both my hand and arm. It’s just two small!

Gamecube has to win over all for quirkiness and inventiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

The Original Xbox Controller....PS1 and 2 controllers wrecked my hands the first few days I used them, the Xbox one never did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Your hands will adapt to whatever pad you have. This may take time, but It'll happen. I'm used to the smaller Japanese controllers than the larger American ones. I'd go with the GC pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

love the ps ones over everything else.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Zukustious has got it right it's about adapting and what you are used to playing with.

It just like mice, I the first type of Microsoft's IntelliMouse Explorer, the bulke one with two buttons on the side, I find it *very* hard to use a normal mouse and near impossable to use use a mouse with out a scrole thing.

Edit: The real problem is that I'm Iazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    Its so typical. Nintendo die hards and there are alot out will always waffel on about Nintendo products even tho for years they have been inferior.

I mean Nintendo could release a Machine that leaked Lizards and a controll pad that had fire ants on it and some Nintendo freak would still buy it and say its the business. (rant!)

i suppose thats a bit true but you cant deny that nintendo makes the most original and imo cumfy/best pads...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

One thing for sure is the XBox pad is a disaster. The muppet designers made the buttons round like MnM's. Trying to play Rocky is unbelievably painful. Soul Calinbur 2 will be the same.

Advertisement