Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy online

Options
  • 29-04-2003 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

just looking for general feedback, just about to start playing...i heard its quite like DAOC, which i pld for over a year ...is it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Its very good imho... I played it for a month or so as a sekrit agent (and the classes system is done very well)..it was class, Sneaking into a building, watching your enemy,and then picking him off with your sniper rifle..

The world is massive...and I do mean massive. I didnt come near to exploring the whole world. Makes me wonder how Im going to cope when SWGalaxies comes around..

One thing though.Its a complex game. Although its easy to get in to and make your way around,I'd reccomend rtfm'ing before getting into the more serious play.

Anyway, I'd reccomend signing up and giving it a go. You can play free for 7 days anyway.

ao.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got a free month in march to try out Notum wars I must say it's improved a lot since I used to play years ago
    I have a lvl 55 adventurer atm but the account isn't paid for.. The only thing about the game is it's hard to get started in like there's a lot to learn.. but it's worth trying out..
    Btw you get like 30 days free if you actually buy the CD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I was a beta tester for anarky online and I must admit I wasn't a great fan of it. But I think the main reason I stopped playing was that I had my leaving cert and I had to cut back on gaming, decided I perfered my MUDs and CS over AO.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I played from beta myself with a few months off here and there. It can be an enjoyable game but like all the rest of the MMPORGS, you have to put the time in. I found levelling in missions to be frustrating as hell and I never bothered going above lv130 or so (sounds a lot but its equivalent to like lv 30-40 in EQ).

I quit recently without really getting involved in the Notum Wars stuff, theres too much time to be spent levelling / guilding etc and I'm not prepared to put that in. Anyway go for the free trail and see what you think yourself. You'll find loads of high level peeps have low level alts just so they can chat on the newbie channel, so there'll be no prob getting help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

coola boola - started playing didnt even get to lvl 2 ! :) will play a bit tommorow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Im hoping you signed up through my link, I earn a fenner if you did :p

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Hi, I just posted this in an AO thread. It is meant as a short guide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

tusky where you by chance

Tusk from hib excal ? on daoc

Advertisement