Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken Doherty

Options
  • 29-04-2003 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭

Fair play, Ken is up 8-0 against John Higgins in quaters.

Lets hope he goes all the way !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah I hope he wins the tournament.. it's great coming back from 7-2 down last round to 8-0 in the quarters!
    Btw wrong forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

FFS!!!!

1 - this is the wrong forum!!
    2 - Thanks for the spoiler!!!! (I had been hoping to watch the highlights later on today)

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Ken's a great player , saw him at a charity event a few months ago - he's real down to earth and tries to meet and greet all fans - It's just a pity that he has such appaling taste in football teams ;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hope Doherty goes the whole way, but I think Fu will win it. He's playing some sensational snooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Sorry Ciano, meant to put this in the sports/sport forum.

Dont suppose you wanna know how the Hendry match is going then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by SprostonGreen
    Sorry Ciano, meant to put this in the sports/sport forum.

Dont suppose you wanna know how the Hendry match is going then ;)

Ahhh dont worry about it. It was the heat of the moment. I was just looking forward to seeing Doherty's q-final.

Anyway, its great that hes winning.

BTW no, I dont any other scores! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

G'wan Krafty Ken! I have'nt seen any of the play today, so was Doherty on brilliant form and staying at the table or was Higgins making silly errors?

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

You spelled Krafty with a K - how groovy!

Yeh he was pretty much on fire. There was one frame where Higgins had made a break of 64 I think, played a poor positional shot, and had to play safe. Doherty could win but only just about, needed nearly all blacks. The reds were all over the place, looked impossible to get possition on the black from most of them. Somehow though he potted some excellent shots, got perfect position.

First time in the competiton that I thought he was good enough to win it...Come on KEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

Hmm... 10-0 has now become 10-7..... Is Red Ken rocking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

11 - 7 In a best of 25. He's still odds on to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

13-7 Gwan the Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Gwan the Ken!
    Fu is a great player and while Ive been supporting him since the start, I dont think he can win it tbh.

Lee I place in teh same basket as Fu: Bags of skill, somewhat lacking in outward personality, great all round player but lacking that crucial edge to win the Tournament (I could be wrong here of course, you never know).

In my head Id say Mark Williams to win it,his early form against Hendry was just bloody unstoppable and he was making very difficult shots.

Obviously I really want Ken to win it, but his play is just SO BLOODY SPORADIC! Thats not to say its not bollock-clenchingly brilliant to watch (Down 7-2,Win 13-12-->Heart attack inducing).

Higgins massive comeback is proving that for Ken to win it, hes going to have to maintain the type of play that got him 10-0 in the first place.

As for Ebdon and Hunter, thats way too close to call (nonetheless Id say...Eb....Hunt... Ebdo.....ah feck it, just flip a coin)and while Ebdon has proven he has the skill to win the whole thing out, I just dont see him beating Williams. Same with Hunter, although the chap does have flair and makes some deadly pots.

Overall synopsis- Williams most likely to win, Doherty a runner up if he beats Higgins.

/edit Just saw the result, GWAN TEH KEN YE SEXY BITCH!

is it over really cos bbc website says it's 12- 7

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/snooker/live_scores/default.stm

hope it is 13 - 7 though :)

Come on ken 2 more to beat ....

edit : also aertel page 205 says 12 - 7
    http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p205.htm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Its 12 - 8 at the interval

Hyzepher

Originally posted by Praetorian
    13-7 Gwan the Ken

B*stard

it's in the INTERVAL

J Higgins (Sco) 8-12 K Doherty (Ire)
    9-62, 16-85 (57), 0-107 (107), 65-66 (Higgins 65, Doherty 66), 1-66 (50), 44-83 (67), 58-71, 7-100 (85), 9-64, 9-112 (112), 117-0 (113), 70-24 (60), 74-12, 64-52, 67-57, 62-57 (Doherty 57), 69-31 (55), 56-68 (Higgins 56, Doherty 63), 7-75, 94-8 (82)
    INTERVAL

FFS Praetorian!

Just jinx the whole fupping thing why dont you! So help meh god if Higgins wins 13-12 Im laying the blame entirely on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

YES G'WAN KEN

J Higgins (Sco) 8-13 K Doherty (Ire)
    9-62, 16-85 (57), 0-107 (107), 65-66 (Higgins 65, Doherty 66), 1-66 (50), 44-83 (67), 58-71, 7-100 (85), 9-64, 9-112 (112), 117-0 (113), 70-24 (60), 74-12, 64-52, 67-57, 62-57 (Doherty 57), 69-31 (55), 56-68 (Higgins 56, Doherty 63), 7-75, 94-8 (82). 1-71 (55)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

13 - 8 to Ken

Hyzepher

W0óT! Sweets and candies for all!

Praetorian- You get off this time :)

ON TO TEH SEMI'S!

WAHOOOOOO.... Fair play to ya Ken ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Woohoo!@#

So who does Ken play next ....... ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Either S. Lee or M. Fu afaik

Fair play to Ken. He seems to have made some reasonably sizable breaks too. Hopefully he'll sneak into form just in time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Originally posted by leeroybrown

Hopefully he'll sneak into form just in time ;)

Well he snuck into good form in the first 10 frames! :p

It seems to be consistency is Ken's problem. He has battled this far, so hopefully Doherty can go all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So who does Ken play next ....... ?????

He playes either Ebdon or Hunter which is'nt going to be easy either, if he wins the championship he'll deserve the cheque! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Hunter it is then. I'd say Ken has a fair chance against him. He'll have to play damn well though. Mark Williams certainly has the form to win it at the moment.

Is it just me or does anyone else find Willie Thorne a little annoying? I never used to dislike him but recently he's just been getting on my nerves, the way he condems players for some ballsy shots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Willy Thorne has his head up his ass. His claim to fame is that he has made more 'practice' 147's than anyone else. Wow, I bet Stephen Hendry would have traded it all for that honour.

I'm glad to see Doherty make it to the semi's. Don't fancy his chances against Hunter tho. But as long as Williams doesn't take the title I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭simon_partridge

Steve Davis has become really arrogant on the BBC this tournament as well - somebody wrote in asking which kind of cue was the best for a beginner and rather than offering any real advice he just made some sarcastic comment like 'make sure you get one with a pointy end because you might turn out to be shït'. How encouraging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I reckon Willliams will win it but the heart says Doherty. Paul Hunter will be no easy feat though. He played some good snooker against Ebdon and took his chances very well.

How did Ebdon ever miss that easy pot into the middle? He'll rue on that one for a while to come. Fair play Hunter though.

God damn it Lee is through as well. Sh1t I wanted Fu to go through. Can't stand that Lee fella. He's as dry as a cork.

• Advertisement

Hunter is the current crowd favourite ... it'll be a tough game for Ken cos' Hunter is showing a good run of form... however Ken has been here before and is more experienced than Hunter so I'll go for a close match but Ken to win 17-14 (best of 33 I think)

I think Williams will also make the final and I reckon he'd beat anyone of the four left ....

Advertisement