Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibs Leadership Rubbish

Options
  • 25-05-1998 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm in a bad mood. i missed work today, cos I was up til 4:30 playing 7 a side games on Death32 with UK players so I can try work out how they play it.

It seems to be that when things go wrong, blame Von, when they go right Zero is the man.

I dunno who told you you were taking over Hibs leadership but of the players I've spoken to, all think it'd be ridiculous to have a guy who never plays Quake in charge of picking a team. I have the support of most if not all the best Quake players in the country, you do not. I need help certainly cos there's only so much I can do in the day but if anybody is going to help, it has to be someone who knows a bit more about quake.

: The story is that I was supposed to take over the management of the Hibernians
    : while Zero was away in America - management ok not to play - I hate quakeworld!!
    : I don't play it much - I can't play it!!
    : The main reason I was to take over was to organise the Hibernians - that's all
    : because I have a good Idea of what's going on - and 24 hours full internet access
    : at INTEL!

: But quite frankly, I don't particularly want to work with Von!!!
    : I've met the man, he's played on my computer he's sound out! But he can't
    : organise a thing!!

Well I love you too man but you're talking sh*t here. People's exams are taking priority at this time of year which is why there's been so little practice. Of the lpb's, only Bunny and Regi showed for practice on Thursday when I asked EVERYONE to be there. This is when I thought about cancelling the match with Wales but the Welsh were dead against it. They'd gone to a lot of trouble for the game.

I've repeatedly asked people about their availability and I get answers from the same people and nothing from others. I'm not going to go round wiping people's bibs for them. I expect some degree of interest like we had in the Fallen Angels game.

No lpb's showed up for the thrashing we gave F9 last week by the way.

: Everybody knows he's decent - but Von you drove me f*cking mad last night by
    : telling me to drop!! No way - I know I was going bad, but jaysus I had no .loc file
    : and didn't even use the proxy because it f*cks up my computer!!!

Yeah, well I travelled to Dublin, barged in on Vexorg when he was working and took over his computer so I could use his ISDN. Contrast that effort made with you just getting out of bed, deciding you're on the panel and taking my place.

: The second game was supposed to only be a mess - nothing else so you had absolutely
    : no f*cking authority under the sun to get on your high horse and tell me to drop!!! And if I
    : could have got near you!!!

The 2nd game was NOT supposed to be a mess, it turned out that way though.

Where do you think the idea of this 5 nations championships came from eh?

Bah...You should all go back to playing muppets.

Von "bored with life" Swine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I was appointed by Cloud ffs after the FA games. Yes I was at that pub alright but then us rubbish hpb's haven't a clue how to play quake do we.

: Before you get too comfortable with your position.....
    : Who elected you to run things?
    : Zero is the boss, and here's why.
    : After Quakelords, we had a little meeting in the pub with most of the top LPB's in the country there (TCD,UL,UCG). Things were discussed and organised etc etc etc. You weren't there. If Zero wants Kobra to do his job over the summer, then you're in no position to argue against it. As far as I can see you basically stepped in, did some work, and assumed a leadership position. This is all very well but you have to be reminded where your place is. You can't just worm your way in. And don't get p*ssed off at me now, I think you're a nice guy, but this is just the way things are.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I was appointed by Cloud ffs after the FA games. Yes I was at that pub alright but then us rubbish hpb's haven't a clue how to play quake do we.

Didn't realise Cloud had that authority!!! Did Zero agree?!

Reaper, don't worry about it!!!

Von - have ure little team, it doesn't concern me!!
    I have no right to organise anything, Zero is thick
    appointing me, sure I'm f*cking stupid, I have to put
    no effort into getting to matches - hell it costs me sweet
    f*ck all!

I think you got it wrong about the match not being a mess!!
    It was!! I have a console log of the welsh players saying
    they might as well have a mess around after Beast
    suggested they stay for a little while longer and play
    another one "just a mess"- to quote Beast!!

I don't give a p*ss who's leader and I don't think
    everyone blames u for things that go wrong and thank Zero
    when things go right - sounds like you think the whole of
    quake is against you poor thing!!!

All I have to say is "SHUT UP" and stop feeling sorry
    for yourself!! End it all - take a long walk off a short
    pier!!

Anyway enuf about Von not worth that much text!!

I was wondering, TCD lads, how are ye going to play
    over the summer, cos there's no doubting the fact
    that between TCD and UL, you have the backbone of the
    Hibs??

Maybe I'm stepping on Zero's toes here, but he mentioned
    it to me that the Hibs might be (well the low ping section anyway)
    might be shoved under the carpet after the 5 nations compo!
    Ronan, what's the story there??

I will organise the Hibernians, if you want me to, but it seems
    we'll have very few LPB's left!!!

Cafe jobs are risky and expensive!!!

Could we maybe get sponsorship to build a quake university
    containing no lecture halls, no tutorial rooms, just labs with
    thousands of PC's connected together with an Ultra-fast outside
    connect - eg HEAnet or something!!!
    Mmmmmm *drooool*

one last thing - How does NT use virtual addressing
    to locate actual data in memory - 10 Marks!!!

Later

Kobra

: Didn't realise Cloud had that authority!!! Did Zero agree?!

Dunno.

: I think you got it wrong about the match not being a mess!!

The match was supposed to be played over two legs.

: I don't give a p*ss who's leader and I don't think
    : everyone blames u for things that go wrong and thank Zero
    : when things go right - sounds like you think the whole of
    : quake is against you poor thing!!!

I don't give a p*ss who's leader either as long as we put out the best team and its not some little club for college lpb's.

: All I have to say is "SHUT UP" and stop feeling sorry
    : for yourself!! End it all - take a long walk off a short
    : pier!!

Nah.

: as long as we put out the best team and its not some little club for college lpb's.

?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

I can see this getting very messy.......
    :(

• Advertisement

:
    : I can see this getting very messy.......
    : :(

Nah Noel - I have nothing else to say!!

Before you get too comfortable with your position.....
    Who elected you to run things?
    Zero is the boss, and here's why.
    After Quakelords, we had a little meeting in the pub with most of the top LPB's in the country there (TCD,UL,UCG). Things were discussed and organised etc etc etc. You weren't there. If Zero wants Kobra to do his job over the summer, then you're in no position to argue against it. As far as I can see you basically stepped in, did some work, and assumed a leadership position. This is all very well but you have to be reminded where your place is. You can't just worm your way in. And don't get p*ssed off at me now, I think you're a nice guy, but this is just the way things are.

: : as long as we put out the best team and its not some little club for college lpb's.

: ?????????????

So this is your little game?

Argh I've been rumbled!. Modemers rule!

:
    : : : as long as we put out the best team and its not some little club for college lpb's.

: : ?????????????

: So this is your little game?

Advertisement