Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interleaving

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Anyone have any idea if they'll turn it down for 1mbit?

"mElachi"

and so he was wrong as you can't control anything from the client side with eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Found the catch with Netsource, they have a really nice offer, but it make no sense why you have to get their domain and also it is not mentioned until you actually get the contract!
    So Domain name for a fixed IP, sounds kind of Risky with me, and get even worse when you have to pay 10 times as much as it would normal cost for a domain name, are they making fun of us or can they in any way explain this without saying "Thats is just the way it is" or "this is a business solution, so....) well, i would like to see them try.!
    Another think i read in their terms and conditions is, and i quote"
    2.2 The Customer agrees to be bound by the monthly download allowance attaching to its chosen NETSOURCE DSL product. "
    Yep, so thereis no Cap, so what is the idea of including this then, again please explain netsource.

May this whole reselling thing of eircom adsl just be a way to make money off the domain names?

Looks pretty clear now.
    Atleast you don't have to deal directly with eircom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Nitrox,
    Netsource have been clear from day one that you had to purchase a domain name. They have not tried to hide anything about their product, this has been discussed on this forum for the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Nitrox

So Domain name for a fixed IP, sounds kind of Risky with me, and get even worse when you have to pay 10 times as much as it would normal cost for a domain name

Risky? Whats risky?

Also, the domain name is not 10 times its normal value. Your thinking of a .com name. A .ie is far more expensive.

from the iedrs website
    Price:
    Annual Maintenance Fee €125.00
    Plus VAT @ 21% € 26.25

Another think i read in their terms and conditions is, and i quote"
    2.2 The Customer agrees to be bound by the monthly download allowance attaching to its chosen NETSOURCE DSL product. "
    Yep, so thereis no Cap, so what is the idea of including this then, again please explain netsource.

There is a cap on thier ADSL product but there isnt on their RADSL product. Looks like they use the same set of T and C's for both. Either that or they are covering themselves in case they decide to cap it in the future.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by talla
    Nitrox,
    Netsource have been clear from day one that you had to purchase a domain name. They have not tried to hide anything about their product, this has been discussed on this forum for the last month.

Sorry, but i have to disagree!
    If you as a new customer heard of Netsource, you have a look at their webpage and the offer looks great, no where it is written what minimum requirements is, so it can't be all bad you think, all prices are listed anyway.
    The you order the product and what do you see, you see that to buy one product you have to also buy another one which has no technical justification to the first and is going to cost you another 10 euro plus vat a month for something you are most likely never going to use, i find that very dodgy!

If NEtsource have written anything about why things are like this on boards.ie i have not been able to find it, please point me to a link if it is there, thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Nitrox
    So
    If NEtsource have written anything about why things are like this on boards.ie i have not been able to find it, please point me to a link if it is there, thx.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=860138#post860138

discussed by boards members extensively in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91312&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

lmck (Via/Netsource representative) again discusses product in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91803&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

there are a couple of other examples but if you search you will actauaaly find the threads

beat me to it dustaz :)

Did do the search yesterday, but missed this one.
    I still don't like it, but out of all evils i guess this is the best right now, and the no Cap and self install is very good, so i would maybe go with this product if my landlord want to renew my contract first..
    Netsource really have the potential to be the UTV of RADSL if only they would let go of that silly domain requirement, lets meet on the middle so the product is 50+vat and no domain requirement! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i agree. the domain name deal is ridiculous. it smacks of either A) they got a really good deal on domain name hosting and have to make use of it somehow, preferably without passing the savings on to the consumer or B) plain crap business model.

I'd love to hear the real inside story on this, instead of the pathetic "business isp" line.

By the way, no offense to you, and thanks for the correspondance, Louise. Please explain to the decision-makers that the domain name bundle is probably doing them more harm than good, and people are screaming out for you to drop it. And if it was €50 a month ex VAT, without the domain name, i would indeed go for it, whereas currently i'd probably go with esat's new offer.

Also, how can you justify charging €7 for 5 POP addresses, when Esat, eircom and UTV all offer an unlimited amount of email addresses on all their services, even the non-subscription ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

im going to go for esat instead i couldnt be arsed to pay for a modem if i dont have to and its 20 euro cheaper

i dont give a monkeys about a cap if games dont suck it up im interested in pings and seeming esats adsl is around 23-30 ping thats good anuff for me !

im going to call them tomorrow and see if i can canncel the netsmart product and sign up for radsl.........pings pings pings with interleaveing on theirs no point me afaird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

even with interleaving on, the ping times will be around 45-60

Originally posted by STaN
    even with interleaving on, the ping times will be around 45-60

Unfortunately the main game servers you have to stick to are in UK. Though it never goes down below 55 to irish servers, the ingame ping is always higher as well. UK ping ranges from 70-80
    75-90 ingame in different games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

ye, but no cap!
    im not bothered about ping (bandwidth is all i need tbh)

Advertisement