Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Hard Drive Cradle?

• 29-04-2003 3:44pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a spare hard drive used for backing up etc, but I would like to have it external (USB) so that I can bring it to other computers and exchange data. I have heard about Hard Drive Cradles that you can get to put your own hard drive in, and they are simple to use, as you don't need to install any drivers (Unless the PC is ancient)...

I have seen a few on US sites, but can't seem to track any down any in Ireland... Does anyone know where can but one, and are there any you recommend, or should stay away from?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

have a look here or here or even here

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Already tried them mate, and many more... practically all of the links on the "Where can I buy X" thread, but no one seems to have them... Found a nice one here, but they won't post to Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I bought one from dcb group . Please note your probably looking for the IDE version. Very easy to install - you just screw in the cradle and then put in the hard drive.

Of course it's not hot swopable but it is an excellent idea if you need to share/transport your HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭davemc

I'm getting one myself.....the best place to locate one is on ebay.com.....here's a link to one whom sells internationally......just type "external hard drive" into the search facility and you'll come up with the goods if you scroll down through them.....regards..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2724797823&category=3757

open for another few hours..and reasonably priced..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Already tried them mate, and many more... practically all of the links on the "Where can I buy X" thread, but no one seems to have them... Found a nice one here, but they won't post to Ireland...

Mate - you didn't try them

ALL of the above outlets have what you're looking for

PEATS - Q- TEC 3.5 inch - also have a cheaper 2.5 inch usb powered (no psu needed) unit.

Komplett.ie are out of the 3.5 inches - i got mine there 2 months ago - overpriced they have 2.5 inch units though

IT DIRECT -
    Numerous units incl Belkin usb 2.0

tribble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I have one for sale if you're interested pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

got the q-tec hdd caddy from peats tis nice i got the 3.5 hard drive one bit bulky but is very good for what i wanted it for .

Advertisement