Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passed Eircon . . . now failed !

Options
  • 29-04-2003 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

About five weeks ago I called Eircom at 1800 512 128 and had my line tested for DSL - it passed :) I was happy.

Yesterday I started the process of ordering through VIA and they now tell me that my line fails ! and when I recalled 1800 512 128 today they also confirm it fails !!

Any ideas why or how this can happen ?

I am in Shankill and the exchange has already been upgraded.

Is there a dept or phone number I can call to find out the cause of the failure ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

My thread, although I always fail but I'm within the exchange!

try 1901 and tell them there is a fault in ur line and u want it fixed right now before u put in a DSL line

[EDIT: If thats no good, and u feel ur going nowhere ask them for the number of a local Eircon engineer. Those sales a tech support guys are not going to be any help]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

This piliger is happening on an alarmingly regular basis

Read this and join the club

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91592

SHIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 alex122

Yeh.. exactly the same thing has happened to me since the weekend. Eircom has tested the line loads of times over the last 2 weeks and it has passed. Then called them on Monday morning to order DSL and now it's failed.

She said I'd have to call back again tomorrow to talk to the regular phoneline staff because my local exchange (Rochestown) has been activited for DSL. And she said something about there being over 800 lines available?

Weird!

Advertisement