Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey available for your participation

Options
  • 29-04-2003 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Visit http://www.smartcompany.ie/ispsurvey if you would like to participate in their survey of Irish ISP use. For my part, I gave my ISP, UTV, very high marks indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That survey seems to be for business's only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

So start your own business! I hereby anoint you a Boards.ie Comms Consultant With Special Responsibity For Filling In Surveys.

<wave of magic wand and TING sound effect>

Away with all speed.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

So start your own business! I hereby anoint you a Boards.ie Comms Consultant With Special Responsibity For Filling In Surveys.

ooh, ooh - with a name that big he simply must have an assistant. [LOOKS EAGER]

tribble

[CONTINUES LOOKING EAGER]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ah so thats who took my wand

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

[AD]

Turn your wand into a superwand....and connect to an easier life. As technology develops the standard of magic and [TING] effects are always improving.

With a faster WANDSL connection you will be able to do magic stuff quickly and easily.

Transform people faster. Dart from otherworld to netherworld.

Watch new movie trailers before they are made.

Load your favourite music onto your wand effects.

Video wand conference with friends and family.

See how fast the Internet can be. (now that really would be magic...)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ah so thats who took my wand

Fairy.

See what you've started Yoda? :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Great survey, filled it in and left them in no doubt about which ISP I use and what I believe should happen regarding FRIACO and Broadband acess for ALL types of users, here in the Irish Republic.

As "Smart Co" are part of *Techcentral, the PCLIVE magazine publishers I think everyone should fill i this very appropriate survey for IOFFL members?.

By the way, the survey never asked me for any business name. While it would be possible too get the impression that it is mainly aimed at *Busines users only!, that is not stated specifically.

Therfore, I assume it is meant for a wider participation, so fill it in-
    Nothing to lose, everything to gain, hopefully. As I got the impression that it is part of a PCLIVE upcoming article which should be published shortly. On the *State of the Internet access in Ireland - Fiasco?.:)

Paddy20;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bettyboo

and they are running 2 surveys: one for home users and one for business users...

Home users one is here:www.techcentral.ie/ispsurvey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Unsupported browser - only Windows - IE/Netscrape 4 or higher.

Another Oirish company with its finger on the pulse of technology.

Note to provider:
    It's not my browser.
    It's your lazy code!

Slutmonkey57b,

Why not fill in the original survey as posted by Yoda ?.. at the top of this thread it is perfectly suitable and you might even WIN a prize? for filling it in, and perhaps some good publicity for the IOFFL members needs in PCLIVE.

I did it and I am happy I did, and who the hell cares if you are a business or not. It is the genuine informed internet users opinions that this survey is very clearly after ?...

Good luck.

Paddy20,;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Slutmonkey57b,

The Internet is now a mass medium used by everybody. (which is what IOFFL wants?)

Joe Public has IE/Netscape.

2 points.

1. They don't need to bother with other browsers.

2. By not supporting other browsers, the radical opinions of hardcore computer nuts (a minority on the net these days) aren't allowed over-influence the results. Thus leading to a survey whose results will better reflect the view of the average Irish Internet user.

:cool:

The proper link to this important survey is located in Yodas first post at the top of this thread.

If Smart Co are interested in carrying out a fair and equitable survey of ALL types of Irish users of internet service providers and the deals on offer in the Republic, then perhaps they should show willing by coming on too this *Thread and posting the full links to their surveys? or even PCLIVE I feel sure are capable of doing this in the interest of their magazine readers and their inherent duty to inform the wider general populace/Irish citizens of the *True Internet Access Scandal that exists here in wonderful corrupt Irish business circles, and how the long suffering ordinary citizens are being hoodwinked and robbed by a priviliged few, some democracy EH?.

Yours,

Paddy20:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

People don't do surveys to find the truth. They do surveys to find out what people think.

Big difference.

I stand by my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Bendibus, i thought the idea of getting the -average- internet user view is to get lots and lots of views from everybody, rather than filtering out the ones who might have opinions that upset the balance?

Were you by any chance helping out in the florida elections? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Balfa

Were you by any chance helping out in the florida elections? ;)

Lmao :)

Advertisement