Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing movies in windows (with and without DirectX)

Options
  • 29-04-2003 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Right I've been trying to get this too work (unsucessfully) for way too long. Basically I want to open a file on a windows media server, buffer it for several minutes, and then play it.

Opening the file and playing it immediately is no problem using DirectX. However, I can't mange to buffer the file this way.

Opening the file and recieving the samples (with the possiblity to buffer them) is ok using the IWMReader interface (part of the Windows Media Format SDK). However, I then have to render these samples somehow, which for audio is straight forward enough using the WaveOut functions, but I can't figure out how to render video.

I've tried wirting a source filter for directX using the IWMReader interface and have started to go insane.

Anyone with knowledy of either DirectX or how to render video without using DirectX please help!

Darragh Jones

Advertisement