Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FTV Card

• 29-04-2003 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

I am yet another person who has just activated their new SKY Sub Card and this has switched off my FTV card (must be the old type FTV card).

Therefore, if anyone can point me in the direction of a new FTV card I would be grateful. Obviously I would pay a reasonable amount for it.

Many Thanks
    Jason Shaughnessy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Jason01
    Hi,

I am yet another person who has just activated their new SKY Sub Card and this has switched off my FTV card (must be the old type FTV card).

Therefore, if anyone can point me in the direction of a new FTV card I would be grateful. Obviously I would pay a reasonable amount for it.

Many Thanks
    Jason Shaughnessy

Get the card from the same scourse as you got the first card from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    Get the card from the same scourse as you got the first card from

Frankly, I find that type of response unhelpful and not particularly friendly. I would recommend that you ask a friend or relation to order the card for you using their own name and address - give them all the information that you can see on the System Information screen of System setup (although they may not sak for any or all of it - in my case after I got my card I had to call to activate it and they wanted *everything* that appeared on that screen.)

Once you get the card, if it hasn't been programmed to auto-activate (likely not), you or your relation will have to ring Sky back to activate - this is very quickly done, and again all the system info is needed in case they ask. If they say something like this box is alreday registered in Ireland, just say that you bought it 2nd hand from someone in Ireland and want to use it for FTV.

I did the calls myself, on my mobile, with caller ID blocked, using my cousin's name and London address (they also asked for his tel. number, but never called it) . Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I got 2 FTV cards one for my brother and one for me, he got his replacement card before me and it deactivated his FTV card but I'm just going to wait untill they cut off mine, If I rang the call centre who sends the FTV cards would they send two new cards to me and what excuse would I give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I assume that it was deactiavted by a new sub card. I'm sure FTV centre have heard many and varied excuses. Suchs as children breaking them, house thiefts. At the end of the day I sure they couldn't careless; as long you come up with something reasonable. I've activated a card that I said I'd never received and the had sent a replacement, so a friend got a ftv card as well!!

Advertisement