Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 5 from a deflector

• 29-04-2003 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi I live in the Tramore area of Co Waterford. Which is served by a deflector. It has the 4 UK channels but today I noticed that there was now Channel 5. Its not coming from a Welsh transmitter as it sound is in mono and the picture is far too good. Also the aerial is not in the right direction. The deflector here retransmits the feed from Sky digital. There is also BBC2 Wales. I'm not sure if this direct from Wales though it is a terrestrial feed has the ceefax is complete unlike. I was under the impression that delectorrs only had a licence for the 4 UK channels and excluded CH5, any ideas?r

Comments

What channel number is five on , is it 37?
    Because, it is possible that you may be getting a good picture, yet mono sound due to having your aerial, vertically polarised for the deflector you are using.
    Couple that with being pointed in the wrong direction , then in certain circumstances, the goodish picture and only mono sound is possible from presely.
    Presely channel five is a wierd signal in that in an area where you can get it good in Ireland, a complete swing round 360 degrees will show that you will only lose the signal for a couple of inches of that swing! here, you will still have it if you climb the mast and point the aeril at the ground!

If you are getting text, and you are receiving five from a uhf channel number other than 37 then it is more than likely your deflector thats giving you the channel.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i have Channel 5 as well on channel 59 so that is from a deflector. i don't know where it is coming from but my aerial is pointing towards Dunmore East. reception isn't great unlike BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and Channel 4. when those 4 channels are off the air so too is Channel 5. BBC 2 Wales is also available on channel 61 and this too comes from a deflector, somewhere in the middle of the county i think but the picture is watchable with the aerial pointing where it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

Channel 5 is on 775.25mHz. And as Mossy says it must be deflector. The picture is good but is interferred with by Net 2 UHF signal which we do not normally use as it is not of great quality and CH5 interferers with it.

Advertisement