Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7650 & Bluetooth - Again!

• 29-04-2003 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Wavelinker BT USB dongle & 7650.

Can exchange files no bother using the BT software (XTNDConnect Blue Manager) but Nokia PC Suite refuses to see the phone. Downloaded latest version & went through all the other fixes posted on the forum. None match the setup with Wavelinker.

PC Suite starts but then tells me to connect my phone to the PC or exit.

P3 933 512 MB & XP Home.

*#0000# tells me I have v4.37, 24-10-02 NHL-2NA

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i'll pop XTNDConnect Blue Manager on a box here and give it a go for you in a bit - you using Blue Manager Version 2?

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Young Sid

Cheers M8

Ver 1.00.0005

Downloaded latest from their site but it refused to install :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

where does the install fail in the version 2 you downloaded? (corrupt download / usb device not recognized / ....)?

http://www.ivmm.com/download_eio.html

I'm not sure how robust 1.00 of Blue Manager is going to be (it sounds pretty old, ver 1.08 to 2.0 included a note stating "make dongle work with Nokia 7650" - give it a shot with your version – if it is still not working - try and get on to their support team to get a working version of 2 sorted on your machine.

they way I have Version 2 running with the 7650 PC Suite is:

from the 7650 go to:
    Main Menu > Connections > Bluetooth
    My Phone's visibility: Shown to all

Now Right Joystick (one nudge) to view Paired Devices list

start the Blue Manager - it should do a search for devices in range at startup - if not click Refresh

your 7650 should appear
    right click on it's icon and choose: Trust Device

you will be prompted for a PassKey on the PC - enter a numeric one

you will then be prompted for a PassKey on the 7650 - enter the same numeric one you just entered on the PC

now on the 7650 (you should already be in Paired Devices list) highlight the PC and in Options choose Set as Authorised

ok to determine your Bluetooth PC serial port:

In Bluetooth Manager on the PC choose the Tools menu and select Options

Select the Bluetooth Ports Tab and remember what Port is associated with the Bluetooth COM Port - SERIAL, it was COM4 on my Machine

Click Cancel to get rid of the Options / Settings Window

Now on the system tray there is a icon that looks like two disconnected plugs, this is the mRouter application, right click on it and choose Properties

A windows appears with a list of COM Ports, put a check in the Box beside the COM Port you noted down earlier (The Bluetooth Serial Port), mine was COM4

Bluetooth Manager will launch a window (check the task bar for a flashing notification) - you now have to choose what you Bluetooth Device you want to connect to

Choose the 7650 (click on its name to highlight it)
    (You can also set this as the Default Device to connect to by the Bluetooth Serial Port - there should be a check box to set this)

Click OK on the window

Wait a few seconds and the mRouter icon will start flashing showing a connection taking place. (If you still have the mRouter Properties open the COM port you had checked should display connected). The mRouter Icon should now look like two connected plugs, one green, one blue.

Start up the PC Suite and a connection should be established.

Hope it works for you,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Young Sid

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!!! :D:D:D:D

Fair play to you, got it going! Had to completely uninstall everything inc. PC Suite before Blue Manager 2.1 would install, but after that no bother.

Thanks again!

Advertisement