Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dublin 15 area >?

• 29-04-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

is there any good broadband services for dublin 15 area
    i think iol have one , 512k/5 gig limit/50 euros per month , what do you guys think ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

what area is d15 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

castleknock . near blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'll still waiting for any sort of connection in dunboyne, just off d15. i hate living so far fromt the rest of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its Blanchardstown/Castleknock/Clonsilla/Mullhudart/and all that area around the Blanch shopping center. I dunno anyone in the area who has got broadband. I know I can't get it from anyone. Its a real pain in the butt. All those annoying eircom ads don't help either. Grrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I rang Eicon about 2 weeks ago (1800512128) and they re-tested my line and said the rasdl product was available to me.

I am located in Castlefield off the Clonsilla Road.

I also did the on-line test for the Esat product and this is also available to me if I want it !!!

I did ask Eircon if the higher speed version (1Mb) of I-scream was available to me and Biddie said it was !!!!!!!

I haven't made up my mind yet ... maybe utv ????

• Advertisement

whats eircons website ? isnt utv for northern ireland

Originally posted by Placebo
    whats eircons website ? isnt utv for northern ireland

Eircon = Eircom ..... !!!!

utv = UTV Internet check out www.utvip.com

utv are a ISP - we are all holding our breath to see if they release a ASDL product here in the Republic which on the Ireland Offline forum they have expressed an interest in doing ...

since when did they change the name to eircon ?

anyway their package is 54 euro per month and 99 connection if you self install it , is it hard to self install ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I live in clonsilla too and I
    • can't get IBB
    • can't get esat's product
    • can't get NTL's product
    • passed line test for eircom but haven't ordered yet

While we are on the subject ...

Anybody know what type of cable was being laid last week on the Clonsilla Road where the new houses are been built, just before the roundabout ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Repli
    I live in clonsilla too and I
    • passed line test for eircom but haven't ordered yet
    If you can get eircom, you should also be able to get one of the bitstream resellers e.g. netsource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i live in huntstown and i'v ordered from eircom, the line passed for both so i went with the 54euro offer.

my line failed the test when they had the trial at the exchange and several times since (got it teasted every now and then )
    so i jumped at it when it passed.

(they have been laying new cable around the area for months now).

I might have to get a retest so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm in Huntstown and my line test failed. And the ****ers won't remove the unused dacs box on my line.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I'm in Huntstown and my line test failed. And the ****ers won't remove the unused dacs box on my line.

Switch to UTVip they have to remove it then. Then in a month or two do a line test and UTVip should be able to give to some form of broadband then. Thats what I'm doing. I refuse to give the Errorcon "****ers" even my land line calls after the farce of a service I've recieved so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I live in huntstown also (small world eh? ;) ) and according to the iol broadband website I'm able to get their service. Haven't had my line tested yet tho. how do i go about doing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Tiny world :D (Just up the road)

D15 too. Passed Eircom's line test (before the 11th April - BTW, does that mean I can get the non-R ADSL?)

Called EsatBT, was told ADSL was available, just need a line test from themselves later on.

Yay!

PS Placebo, '€ircon' is a running joke some boardies use for the similarly-named monopoly.

It is what it's.

I pass that line test (iol broadband website) too, I suspect it means squat. Ring them up and get a proper line test. I think, I'll give them a ring too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

hello fellow d15'ers

Has anyone in the littlepace / hunters run area passed the eircom line test?

The iol BB page says yes it's available "in your area", but eircom / netsource say no - "line test failed - probably too far from blanchardstown exchange"

netsource say clonee exchange (the one in Damastown industrial estate i think) is scheduled for upgrade to DSL "soon"
    eircom web chat person says it's not

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Guys if you pass eircoms line test, you can avail of 3 different providers!! Mainly only the RADSL product but from netsource no cap 66/month (inc vat), esat 50/month 5GB cap and eircom 54.45/month 4GB cap.

Go for netsource :D

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

i'm in delwood, passed the first day RADSL came out, will have netsource by may 12th.

Originally posted by nahdoic
    i'm in delwood, passed the first day RADSL came out, will have netsource by may 12th.

haven't heard of anyone further out than huntstown yet tho...

waaahhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

got my install date = 23/5/03 ;)

i can't be the only one out littlepace way, can i?

can i?

hellloooooo.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I'm in hartstown D15 and getting top speed of 512k with Netsource Soho Radsl. Download rate 53k. Not sure if thats good for games though. Average ping was 70-100 for Q3 and Unreal.

Is this netsource.ie ? i went on it and its got few options only for business`s ? can i apply to that ? i am not a business !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Its sold as a business service but they still sell to residential customers.

ok thanks man , gonna go check it out , better than iol ?

how much do you pay ? looks ****ing expensive , prices ex Vat .

• Advertisement

Email from IBB received today:
    We will shortly have transmitters going live at the following locations:
    Guinness Gravity Bar, Dublin 8
    Greencore (Sugar Company), St Stephens Green, Dublin 2
    Belmont Nursing Home, Stillorgan Road
    Clondalkin

Killinarden, Tallaght
    Ballycoolin, Blanchardstown
    Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1

Advertisement