Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Dublin 15 area >?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

How about we all start lobbying NTL to bring out their cable service in D15 next...........a little birdie told me that this area already has fibre optic TV cable so there shouldnt be a problem on the technical side of things.........and judging by this thread, there'd be huge demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by andrew163
    How about we all start lobbying NTL to bring out their cable service in D15 next...........a little birdie told me that this area already has fibre optic TV cable so there shouldnt be a problem on the technical side of things.........and judging by this thread, there'd be huge demand for it.

let's not forget that DSL / RADSL is available from Blanchardstown telephone exchange... it's only those of us in the further flung outposts of Dublin 15 that are left out in the cold....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by pete
    let's not forget that DSL / RADSL is available from Blanchardstown telephone exchange... it's only those of us in the further flung outposts of Dublin 15 that are left out in the cold....

AND those who are near the exchange but can't pass the line test.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'd be more than willing to get some sort of petition going to send to NTL and get them to start upgrading estates in Dublin 15. They'd clean up around here and might force other companies to get their asses into gear and start their services around here too so we'd have some choice. Although saying that, if I had a choice of €65 installation and €40 a month for 600k or €380 installation and €48 a month for 512k I know where my money will be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Throw me a pen and show me the dotted line...

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by oneweb

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

We need a Doer :) I'm too lazy, but I'll sign a petition/request....

Maybe outside the shopping centre on a sunday? Get some attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

Maybe outside the shopping centre on a sunday? Get some attention...
    People cud stand outside the eircom branch where people say the 'blanchardstown exchange' is...

Or you could wait for IBB, i think i saw their antenna beside the aquatic centre which....is close to ballycoolin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by **/<::ë::/\/**
    Or you could wait for IBB, i think i saw their antenna beside the aquatic centre which....is close to ballycoolin.

What, wait yet another 'two to three months'? IBB have been stringing us along for so long I wouldn't be surprised if they're still not up and running by Christmas.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

IBB have been stringing us along for so long

Well then, if people think that they wud be able to avail of IBB's proposed Blanch service from their Antenna in Ballycoolin, then surely a lot of them shud be able 2 get Netsource or Clicksilver.

I dont no wot exchange these are usin though. i failed the eircom line tests but passed both netsource and clicksilver.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by oneweb

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102184

Originally posted by **/<::ë::/\/**
    Well then, if people think that they wud be able to avail of IBB's proposed Blanch service from their Antenna in Ballycoolin, then surely a lot of them shud be able 2 get Netsource or Clicksilver.

IBB is a wireless service. Netsource and Clicksilver are RASDL services re-selling €ircon's i-Stream Starter.

Well it's been a while... anyone got any good news stories to cheer me up?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

no good stories, ibb still wheeling out the good old 2-3 months routine, which is nice.............

About that petition thing...

Would it help to set up a website dedicated to getting broadband in dublin 15? Ive heard of people doing online petitions but they never seem to carry much weight, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it...

I know LFC has already set up a petition on the IOFFL forum (well done), but that seems to have turned into more of a technical debate...........

If the website idea would be any good I'd be happy to set it up, with an online petition script, a message board, etc......

Dublin 15 already has broadband - DSL is available to a fairly big chunk of the area from Blanchardstown exchange down by the Centre.

It's only those of us out in the wilderness, past the DSL distance limit, that have no broadband...

Plus... realistically, what good will a petition do?

yyeeaa.............thats what I thought........although it might show NTL how much demand for their product there is in the area...... (if they knew the amount of demand, they'd have rolled it out a long time ago)....

It is true that the blanchardstown exchange covers alot of people, but ALOT of lines that are within the coverage area fail the test. (50% of the people I know living within the area can't get it, including myself). The general quality of copper in this area is SH*TE, and theres ALOT of pairgains/DACs around, despite the fact that its an urban area.

I just found out tonight that some people just a bit down the road from me can get DSL..... i thought nobody out this way would be able to get it.

time for a bit of an auld cry i think

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

:O mean old eircom making pete cry......how dare they!

anyways...where exactly are you located? The furthest person from the exchange I know who has DSL lives in Maple Avenue (I think thats what its called.....its just behind the Delwood estate, on the other side of the railway line)....

I'm in Brompton....

I'm in Hunters Run, up near Littlepace on the way to Clonee

The person i heard about was just down the road, in Bramblefield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I live in carpenterstown and have it.

Originally posted by RasTa
    I live in carpenterstown and have it.

Thats near me. Who through?

Originally posted by andrew163
    although it might show NTL how much demand for their product there is in the area...... (if they knew the amount of demand, they'd have rolled it out a long time ago

I've been in contact with someone fairly high up in NTL who deals with the Broadband rollout and he assures me that Dublin 15 is on the list for upgrading but it won't happen till early next year. The petition thing was a waste of time. Worth a try though.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Thats near me. Who through?

Utv, only took bout 16 days to get set up

Originally posted by RasTa
    Utv, only took bout 16 days to get set up

Did you pass the eircom line test?

I think so yea, just entered in my ph number on the utv site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm in Hartstown, and just got connected via Netsource today. :)

just heard tonight that someone from Hazelbury was told by eircom that "clonee exchange" is due to be upgraded for DSL in 'Q4 of this year'.... wasn't mentioned in the recent eircom ad (either clonee or Damastown) so I dunno...

pinch of salt, sir?

Was told today by what i hope would be a reliable source that Irish Broadband will be up & running in Blanchardstown "within a month".

I told this person that i've been hearing that for about a year...

Any update, Chaz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Has anyone in College Grove or Park Avenue - successfully gotten Broadband ? My line failed the eircom/netsource test, so I guess im scuppered

Advertisement