Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ntl digital box clock

• 29-04-2003 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

I am an ex Sky customer i went to NTL digital last week.Not the best move ever! The clock in the decoder is 3 mins slow .I rang customer service after 15 mins on hold a nice lady suggested my house clocks needed checking!Eventually she agreed that Sky news and my house clock might be right .She did say that decoder clock can only be changed at head office and they had no plans to correct clock.This makes the reminder and autotune service a waste of time .Can i get my money back!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

The reminder system usually pops up 2-3 mins before a programme is supposed to begin, so if you do the math it should pop up at the precise moment the show is meant to begin. tbh this should be the least of ntls worries but its the minute things like this which really shows their incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Yes fair enough on reminder.But on autoview for recording programmes this means you can not record two programmes one after the other.And it will not switch box to correct channel on time

that can be a real bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I had a reply from NTL about this problem .They said they are having technical difficulties with boxs .Does anybody know how long the clocks have been wrong.And is it all the boxes in all ntl digital areas.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

according to ntl spokesy there are currently no plans to change the time, this time is set in head office so we mere mortals have to suffer.

Clocks have been wrong for more or less day one. And yes ntl are running behind -there clocks that is, in all regions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'm in dublin and had NTL digital since it started.:(
    They used to reset the clocks every few months (when it went about 2 mins slow) but havn't reset them since at least christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Mine seems to be wrong since the day it was installed, Feb 2002

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Meanwhile there seems to be a recurring NTL problem whereby the EPG just stops updating the "current programme" field. Mine stopped at 9pm last night, and wasn't right again until this morning. Annoying.

The EPG never manages to update itself on saturday and wednesday nights and it shows what was on at 8:30.

Meanwhile there seems to be a recurring NTL problem whereby the EPG just stops updating the "current programme" field. Mine stopped at 9pm last night, and wasn't right again until this morning. Annoying.

Yeah, thats forever happening. Its damn annoying.

• Advertisement

I noticed this morning that the clocks have been finally reset and the reminders seem to be working at the right time too. (at last)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yep noticed the same last nite...was timing it against Sky News, and it was only out by ~5secs. Alot better then 4mins!

Wots the bets it'll be wrong again by next week?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

Can confirm its still at 5 seconds as of 1am 20th May:D :D I also see that the aspect ratio/overscan issue seems to have been sorted out too and according to dotsie in another thread we should have the 14 new channels first week in June. Things are lookin' up!:D :rolleyes:

Advertisement