Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom want me back!

Options
  • 29-04-2003 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I had a call from Eircom today wondering if I was "satisifed" with my current ISP provider, UTV Internet. I said I very happy and then he reminded that they were launching their own service. Old news I know, but Competition don't you love it? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

hehe, surprise...surprise !
    I had 2 of those eircon drones call to my door over the last few months, friendly peeps who actually understood why i was with utv (wow!)

Even though i have ordered Netsource radsl and i have UTVip as my home phone and internet provider at present, I will keep UTV for my voice calls when dsl is installed as UTV have been worth it and value customers in my humble opinion :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I had a sales drone on to me there last week, trying to push there DSL products my way. I had took great pleasure explaining why I would be going to netsorce over them.

I will never give €ircom a penny ever again unless I have no other choice and cant do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Yeah,

I can't believe Eircom will try hard enough to win back any customers back when they introduce their flat package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

you know the amount of money they probably spend on goons going out to gaffs, you think it could be put to some good use,

i mean how many people actually decide to go back to eircom ?
    i'd say the percentage is low if any,

even though they dropped the price considerably on their part (how nice of 'em - grrr) they are still one of the the most expensive telco's (in europe) to deal with..

imagine if they dropped their prices further, they wouldnt have to send the goons around cause people would be happy and stay..

but as time goes on, they're just damaging what little faith the unsuspecting punter ever had with them

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

WOULD YOU ALL SHUT THE **** UP!!!

Stop saying all this **** about how their sales people are "Eircon Drones" JESUS! No i dont work for eircom. but there just people doing a job...

Stop the madness...blame the people who actually make eircom what it is...not just some poor bastard who is a telesales person for them or some poor bastard who calls to your door...jesus

• Advertisement

I had a call from Eircom today wondering if I was "satisifed" with my current ISP provider, UTV Internet. I said I very happy and then he reminded that they were launching their own service. Old news I know, but Competition don't you love it?

I was referring to Eircom... and the effects of competition...

hamster i know. i wasnt referring to your post. your post was grand

Fair enough. :D Agreed with you anyway. The guys that need the abuse are living high in sky and look down at the view through one way glass...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if these people don't like the sales people knocking at the door representing a company they think is crap they are entitled to there opinion also 50Cent, and i don't think telling them to "Shut the **** up" up is the way to go about questioning there opinion. Which is my opinion on the matter perhaps i should "shut the **** up" also?

Personally we did go back to eircom in my house which was my decision, we switched to an NTL phone service when a guy came to the door, the mother did it just like that, however it then meant two bills as eircom owning the line etc. etc. and the original eircom bill was set up direct debit though my dads job and the ntl bill couldn't be set up similarly it was all very messy so easier to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Sad thing is with all the anti-eircom sentiment, chances are that anyone signing up for any 'cheap' ASDL package right now (i-starter, netsource or Esat) will be getting eircom RASDL and eircom will get at least 27 bucks a month out of ye. So much for competition...how much taxpayers money did Esat get to 'rollout' broadband??? Anyone remind me...?

• Advertisement

oh shutup. You know damn well i wasnt referring to the actual opinion of the people. More the way they were referring to the people. All this "Eircon" and "$ircon" and "Eircon Drone" **** is just gayness...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Speaking for myself, and not as a member of IOFFL 50Cent ......

In my dealings with eircom (fortunately not many for my sanity) I've never found a higher level of apathy and down-right "oh no you're not ... oh yes I am" attitude/mentality and downright conceited unhelpfulness in any other company.

Yes, I've dealt with eircom staff who couldn't be nicer and more pleasant, but I'm sorry to say that my negative experiences far outweigh the good.

My ... "50" cents.

Lemming you couldn't have posted at a better time, i think its time i invoke your signature and that as they say is that

oh tell me about it! I know the exact feeling! Sure i cancelled my own account with them! I know the feeling of these people! but there still people doing a job..."Eircon drone" its jsut stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pffft. Play nicely now kids.

As I said here, they've never called to me. Maybe I'm just not important enough (or it could just be that I haven't answered my doorbell in three years).

oh so im an idiot dataisgod?

roger that sceptre apologies 50cent

In the blue corner....

awww...no fight....

oh so you were calling me an idiot? hence the apologies...

Well im sorry too for having an opinion and a valid one at that...bitch

Oh...here we go...

All the other kids gather round now...

fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...fight!...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Settle children .......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bleedin hell - 50cent, see the post two above yours? That's an apology. Rather than have a playground argument erupt again (and given that the existing argument can't really be split easily from the thread and tossed in the recycle bin) the thread is being locked. I don't care who started it. I don't want to have to read it.

Courtesy is cheap. And easy. Take it to PM.

Apologies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement