Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on p2-333 or subwoofer set

Options
  • 27-05-1998 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Just wondering if you could give me advice. I'm about to buy a gateway next week and I could get a p2-266 with subwoofer set or a p2-333 with just the normal 7W speakers.
    Which should I go for as regards quake/quake2 ?
    thx
    -Riker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Hey guys
    : Just wondering if you could give me advice. I'm about to buy a gateway next week and I could get a p2-266 with subwoofer set or a p2-333 with just the normal 7W speakers.
    : Which should I go for as regards quake/quake2 ?
    : thx
    : -Riker

Forget the SUb-Woofer play quake with Headphones, the 7W speakers are OK, if they still supply the Altec Lansings.
    I have a subwoofer its great as a footrest but I ever have it turned on. Buy the 333mhz or buy the 266 and get a
    Voodoo2 Card to add to the system for the extra dosh.

Gandalf.

- You can tell I'm having a quiet day in work, eh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Go for the PII 333, RAW power is far better than a nice sound system!!! :)

SB...

: Hey guys
    : Just wondering if you could give me advice. I'm about to buy a gateway next week and I could get a p2-266 with subwoofer set or a p2-333 with just the normal 7W speakers.
    : Which should I go for as regards quake/quake2 ?
    : thx
    : -Riker

I kinda like the sub-woofer, gives a lovely
    rumbling echo to the rockets. But a P333 seems an awful lpt better for the money.

: Forget the SUb-Woofer play quake with Headphones, the 7W speakers are OK, if they still supply the Altec Lansings.
    : I have a subwoofer its great as a footrest but I ever have it turned on. Buy the 333mhz or buy the 266 and get a
    : Voodoo2 Card to add to the system for the extra dosh.

: Gandalf.

: - You can tell I'm having a quiet day in work, eh ;)

Yeah makes a lovely footrest alright, my wife won't let me turn it on cause anytime a rocket/grenade makes contact she can hear it all over the house.
    Also nearly broke my toe on it in a frustating game once so I now have a concave( or is it convex?)mesh on it.
    So I reckon go for the better chip.
    Shank =DzR=

Advertisement