Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JetMagic

Options
  • 29-04-2003 10:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Any inside scandal on JetMagic out there? It seems to have appeared out of nowhere, which annoys me, since I like to think I'm clued into All Things Cork. It's operated by SwissAir, but who are the local directors? And how did it spring up so suddenly?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

AFAIK the local headman is ex Aer Lingus supremo, but I can't remember his name

How uninformative is this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i dont know where you got the idea that it sprung up so suddenly

the echo and the examiner have had articles on jetmagic for months, they even advertised for positions in the examiner's Money & Jobs section one friday

and here's another heads up to keep you posted
    have a look at http://www.freshaer.com/

They will be flying from Dublin, Cork and Kerry to the UK, starting in summer and will shortly begin taking bookings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Pat Rafferty is the CEO and most of the money has supposedly come from local buisness people in Cork.

Swiss are only providing cover aircraft while the airline waits for it's AOC to be issued. Also seems that they have already fallen out with Swiss, as the aircraft is sitting idle at Cork, with all flights being operated by a Dutch/Carribean airline called Bonair.

Freshaer is Irish/Uk, based in Ascot and their business plan reads like the work of a few 10 year olds. If they do get off the ground, it may be a brief and painful experience for anyone who's invested money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by dmeehan
    i dont know where you got the idea that it sprung up so suddenly

the echo and the examiner have had articles on jetmagic for months
    Well, that's where I got it. I don't consider "months" a very long time for a business rollout, particularly an airline. Even a small airline will need to develop massively detailed business plans, source cash to buy or lease jets, negotiate maintenance and insurance contracts, etc. This must have been in planning for a year or probably more, so I'm surprised I didn't catch anything on the grapevine.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

It's operated by SwissAir, but who are the local directors?

Swiss International Air Lines actually. Swissair went bankrupt in October 2001 and ceased operations in March 2002. Sounds stupid but there is a difference.
    Swiss are only providing cover aircraft while the airline waits for it's AOC to be issued. Also seems that they have already fallen out with Swiss, as the aircraft is sitting idle at Cork, with all flights being operated by a Dutch/Carribean airline called Bonair.

Somebody apparently protested about flights being operated under a non-EU AOC but that has seemingly been sorted out, flights were operated by HB-JAX today. A second Swiss ERJ-145 (HB-JAY) is still scheduled for delivery in a few weeks.

Jeremiah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Have been hearing about JetMagic for months now, even when I was abroad. For someone that was already in the Airline business and if he had the right staff this guy could and seems has set up a proper airline in a few months. Fair play to him.

Heard a funny story from the Taxi driver when I flew in to Cork last week about how they were all ready to fly out with Pat Cox on the plane and they were stopped cos their licence was not up to date.

Mondo feck up there

Advertisement