Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HeLp! Window 2000 to XP

Options
  • 29-04-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Windows 2000 had a big time crash 5 days ago. No safe mode and will not get pass the W2K loading screen. Can't even reinstall it from disc.

Thankfully I had XP on my D: drive and have still got access to my computer. My problem is this. I am now reinstalling most of the software through XP as it doesn't recognise the registry from W2K.

Today I reinstalled Outlook and was able to copy the achive.pst file over to the D: drive although it won't let me go near the outlook.pst file (access denied) and hence I have lost four months of mail. Is there anyway of bypassing the W2K security and accessing this .pst file? I have tried to use it from where it is, and all the other Outlook options although it is as stubborn as an auld mule. What's the solution. Please.

Energy69

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you tried copying the file while logged in as the actual "administrator" account with XP?

Advertisement