Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gotcha Eircom!!!

Options
  • 29-04-2003 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Well now, after 3 weeks of eircom's i-stream I have cancelled my account.

I am migrating to Via. I rang up eircom to get a cancellation number for via. This is how it went..

I rang and asked to cancel my account. They said I couldn't as there was a 12 month contract. I pointed out the fact that there was no contract signed by me..

The sales drone then put me on hold and came back saying that by installing the eircom cd I had accepted the terms and conditions.

I pointed out that I had not been given a cd. He asked me how I was connected then. I told him that after three weeks it was indicative of eircoms appaling level of customer care that now, after being told point back by another eircom rep that there was No Tech Support number, they were asking me how i was up and running. I told him he could go take a running jump if he thought I was giving him any information as to how I got connected.

He told me I would have to wait for a call back for a manager before he could see "IF" he could get my order cancelled. I asked to speak to a supervisor.. He told me there wasn't one! I pointed out how unlikely it was that eircom would leave an entire department unsupervised. He got one, our friend gentle readers - Emily.

I brought Emily up to speed. She told me she would have to look into t and speak to her manager. I asked to speak to him. I was told he doesn't speak to the public! I asked Emily if he was in the building. She said he was. I said I'd hold....

After much holding, Emily came back to me and said she had been speaking to her marketing department (rubbish) and that seeing that i had neither received a cd or a contract I could cancel.. Finally - what a polaver. I have also changed my voice carrier to UTV....

Ha ha Eircom, another satisfied customer!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

i have no experience with eircon or any other isp.

but i'm happy for you. from what i've read they're a shower of c*nts.

congrats and what not.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Brilliantly told - James ! A very ammusing read - especially for those who have spend hours on calls to these very people.

Well said.

NB. I also asked for a supervisor on one of my many calls - was told that there was not one. I insisted I wanted to speak to someone in charge and wouldn't take no for an answer - and low and behold a supervisor appeared ! Having said that, she wasn't much use either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

i spent 1 minute 58 seconds ringing up and cancelling my eircom i stream.

* Hi eircom bla
    Me: I want to cancel my bband
    * sorry, whats your account number
    Me: gave it
    Me: Im going away for 6 months and theres no1 here to pay for the eircom so if you can postpone till then, that would be great
    *Im sorry i wont be able to postpone it till then however when you want it, just call us and it will take 10 working days to re connect
    Me: ok cancel it
    *all done
    Me: hung up the phone

15 minutes later(would have been two minutes due to dial up) signed onto esat...yay for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Good one,

Anyone else trying to cancel from an Eircom contract. Simply put it in writing that they are *IN BREACH of contract and that you are moving to another ISP.

Should they try and stop you. State in writing that their service is not up too the required standard as required ? under the supply of services acts 1995.

That usually puts an end to their inane utterings *For Good.

Eircom? who are they! Were they not once upon an ignorant time, in a different era. The only telecommunications company in Ireland. Days that are now happily long gone and drawing too a rapid and unprofitable and disgraceful close for a dead Rat that used to be called Eircom.

Paddy20;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Originally posted by James Melody
    Well now, after 3 weeks of eircom's i-stream I have cancelled my account.

I am migrating to Via. I rang up eircom to get a cancellation number for via. This is how it went..

I rang and asked to cancel my account. They said I couldn't as there was a 12 month contract. I pointed out the fact that there was no contract signed by me..

The sales drone then put me on hold and came back saying that by installing the eircom cd I had accepted the terms and conditions.

I pointed out that I had not been given a cd. He asked me how I was connected then. I told him that after three weeks it was indicative of eircoms appaling level of customer care that now, after being told point back by another eircom rep that there was No Tech Support number, they were asking me how i was up and running. I told him he could go take a running jump if he thought I was giving him any information as to how I got connected.

He told me I would have to wait for a call back for a manager before he could see "IF" he could get my order cancelled. I asked to speak to a supervisor.. He told me there wasn't one! I pointed out how unlikely it was that eircom would leave an entire department unsupervised. He got one, our friend gentle readers - Emily.

I brought Emily up to speed. She told me she would have to look into t and speak to her manager. I asked to speak to him. I was told he doesn't speak to the public! I asked Emily if he was in the building. She said he was. I said I'd hold....

After much holding, Emily came back to me and said she had been speaking to her marketing department (rubbish) and that seeing that i had neither received a cd or a contract I could cancel.. Finally - what a polaver. I have also changed my voice carrier to UTV....

Ha ha Eircom, another satisfied customer!!

You sir are a brave ninja in the fight for freedom from unspeakable evil, however I hope you have learned your lesson, no matter how sugar coated the eircom pill its still poision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

It's not even sugar coated.

This is how I got mine running:
    Eircom engineer installed the adsl line thing, and told me that I had to wait for a cd. Waiting for 4 days, nothing. I gave it another 3 days and finally called some sort of support and I was told that I didn't need a CD to connect. I was given a password and username and set my connection up without any CD. They are the biggest ****heapers ever. Oh and the funniest replies you get when asking about interleaving "It has come to our conclusion that the majority of our customers prefer interleaving switched on", um I doubt that the majority knows what the hell it is.

Advertisement