Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hallelujah - after months Voda set up my RTG MMS

• 29-04-2003 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

that was one of the longest running issues i've ever had with vodafone :(

been asking Vodafone to get MMS working for me since before the New Year on a ReadyToGo SIM - using the 7650 or T68i with the same settings and my contract SIM all was fine - out they went, in they came - any time I tried to send an MMS with my ReadyToGo SIM I would get error messages and the send would fail

every time i called explaining the situation – the reply was always: you must have the wrong settings entered - and when they put me on hold to check with ‘tech support’ they would say everything is fine - so no one would take it any further :(

so i went into a Vodafone store (had done so a few times but no one was able to help) and after being told 'well I can't really help, you can call customer support' - i just explained the situation and (politely) made it clear i wanted to get this sorted after so long – so the guy took pity on me and called in on my behalf - he came back after a while and said yes they see a problem on the account - try sending one tomorrow

i tried again after the weekend (as Live! GPRS was flakey for most of it) - same problem - called RTG support - i explained the situation again (and referring to the Vodafone store visit) – and was put on hold for a while as 'tech support' were called – after a while i was asked: are you sure you can send MMS with your contract SIM in the phone? - calm in-take of air :) "I can" - put back on hold – a few minutes later well they do see a problem now but are having trouble fixing it (?) - can you turn your phone on and off and try again - tried again and it worked

almost 5 months... is that a record?

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

bastard ....still doesnt work for my bill 7650...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

According to Nokia, i can receive MMS on my 3510 (not 3510i). According to O2 I can't. Any know any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Tusky
    bastard ....still doesnt work for my bill 7650...:(

that happend to me the first week i got "set-up" on the bill account (after they initially sent out the wrong settings to everyone who asked for them just after the launch :rolleyes:)

with the revised settings it still wouldn't send - took about two days of calling in trying to convince someone it wasn't working - kept being told it was ok so asked them to remove and reapply MMS service to my account

a few hours later (with the same settings on the phone) it started to work

not sure what the problem is - perhaps their systems didn't provision some people's MMS services properly but are reporting them as ok?

if you have followed their 7650 configuration to the letter and get no joy from customer support - ask nicely in a Voda store and and see if someone will help you out (pick a quieter time if you can and they would probably be more available to help)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

didn't work on my ready to go Nokia 6610 so phoned them and power off and on and now it works.Record time of 10 mins on the phone waiting !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yup - that's what the process should be - so 5 months was a tad on the long side trying to get them to fix it for me ;)

BrianG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement